NCR armor is the official uniform of the New California Republic Army.
As of 2281, the official combat uniform consists of a khaki field jacket with bellowed hip pockets and khaki breeches, worn with a desert face wrap, black leather fingerless gloves, arm wraps, brown combat boots, and khaki gaiters. An armored breastplate emblazoned with the emblem of the NCR is worn in combat environments, attached via leather straps and buckles.
NCR trooper armor is worn by NCR troopers. All the other outfits are a variant of this.
- NCR bandoleer armor has a pocketed bandoleer wrapped around the torso to carry extra ammunition and other supplies.
- NCR face wrap armor has the face wrap pulled over the user's face. This shields the user's face from the elements, especially with the goggles helmet on.
- NCR mantle armor is distinguished by a camouflaged cloth wrapped around the user's shoulder. It is often seen being worn by officers but is also worn by NCOs (sergeants and corporals).
- NCR military police armor is worn by NCR's MP officers. It is identical in appearance to NCR trooper fatigues, except that this variant has a small black and white "MP" armband on each arm. Its helmet is black with "MP" written across it.
- NCR injured trooper armor is worn by injured NCR troopers. This armor is marked as unplayable and can't be taken from the trooper's corpse.
- NCR trooper fatigues are identical in appearance to NCR trooper armor, but lack the armored breastplate. While all other NCR armors of this type have 10 DT and are Medium-class, this armor has 2 DT and is classified as light armor.
NCR bandoleer/trooper/mantle/face wrap armor
- Can be found on NCR trooper corpses in the lower levels of Camp Guardian caves.
- NCR armor can be found on a dead NCR trooper in the entrance of Vault 11. After entering the vault, go straight through the first door and take a left. The trooper is straight ahead in the hallway.
- 2 suits of random NCR armor can often be found in the tent next to Lieutenant Hayes's Tent in Primm.
- Sometimes Sergeant Contreras sells these armors. Some can also be found in his footlocker in the supply shack.
- 4 NCR armors can be found on corpses in the Nipton Hotel.
- Two random armors can be looted from two trooper corpses in Ranger Station Charlie while carrying out the quest Andy and Charlie for Ranger Andy in Novac.
- Can also be looted from ghouls in Camp Searchlight but in poor condition.
- In Restoring Hope after asking Lt. Haggerty from HELIOS One where the troops with the Camp Forlorn Hope supplies are, follow the marker to find three dead NCR troopers, each carrying a set of armor.
- Captain Curtis at Camp McCarran wears a random NCR armor.
- Near Nelson, there may be three NCR troopers fighting three recruit legionaries. Armor can be looted without consequence if the NCR troopers die.
- Every trooper beside Sergeant Lee in the attack on the NCR Correctional Facility if one chooses to side with the NCR in I Fought the Law is wearing face wrap armor.
- 10 of Spades carries face wrap armor.
NCR trooper fatigues
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas Strip.
- In the Camp Guardian caves, there is a dead pack brahmin with lots of ammunition and the fatigues.
- Can be found on NCR troopers beside Lieutenant Hayes's tent in Primm, and in the Bison Steve Hotel.
- Sergeant Kilborn wears one at the Mojave Outpost.
- The NCR outpost between Novac and Nelson has troopers that wear fatigues.
- The crucified NCR troopers in Nelson wear fatigues.
- Private Renolds wears fatigues.
NCR military police armor
- Can be found on troopers on the New Vegas strip and in the NCR Embassy.
- Can be found on the two MPs at Camp Forlorn Hope.
- Worn by Private Halford in the Camp Guardian Caves.
- One helmet can be found on a spike at Red Rock Canyon, but it must be stolen. The spike in question is located just outside Regis's tent alongside a standard trooper helmet.
- The NCR military police armor is really just a suit of trooper fatigues, with "MP" armbands added. Despite this, the armor itself is still labeled as medium (as most NCR armors are), unlike the light trooper fatigues.
- Lieutenant Boyd will mention her name tag being on her uniform, even though neither hers nor any other NCR armor have name tags on them.
Behind the scenes
- When wearing certain NCR armors: while "zooming in" without a weapon equipped a thick black line is produced across the screen as long as the player is zooming. [verified]
- Sometimes while wearing the face wrap version of the armor, the game will permanently mark the Courier as wearing that armor. This causes problems when attempting to do anti-NCR faction quests. [verified]
- Fallout: New Vegas 10th Anniversary Charity Stream (reference starts at 4:40:39)
Joshua Sawyer: "'Who thought up of the World War I-era helmet uniform in the NCR?' That was me working with Brian Menze, I believe."