The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This ancient, customized Protectron used to serve, and be directed to by human employees, as a guide for the various visitors to the park, serving as one of the mascots to the park. In addition, they promoted, and continue to promote, the Park Medallion collection challenge. However, the robot was seen as "creepy" by certain employees, and was found banging on the doors to the Nuka-World power plant multiple times, prompting reprogramming concerns. After the Great War, N.I.R.A is still committed to its job, despite tampering by a raider, causing it to operate at 61% capacity, in order to give it a "personality upgrade". These malfunctions occasionally result in N.I.R.A.'s artificial intelligence snapping at park visitors and threatening to kill them.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Speaking with N.I.R.A. allows the Sole Survivor to get information on both the park's layout and pre-War history. Asking her about park medallions will start the quest Precious Medals.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Military-grade circuit board or
Biometric scanner or
Vacuum tube or
Enhanced targeting card or
- Automatron modifications for robots also include Nuka-Mascot Legs and Nuka-Mascot Hands, which are parts of Nira.
- N.I.R.A. is not essential. If Open Season is undertaken, and the robot is destroyed in the crossfire before completing Precious Medals, the quest will automatically fail, since there will be nobody to turn the medallions into.
- N.I.R.A: "Well hello there, young fella! Welcome to Nuka-World! I'm N.I.R.A., your friendly Nuka-World Informational Robotic Assistant. Is this your first visit to Nuka-World?"
- Cola-cars arena terminal entries; Cola-cars terminal, N.I.R.A.
- Nuka-Town USA terminal entries; Infirmary terminal, N.I.R.A.
- Nuka-World power plant terminal entries; Nuka-World power: employee terminal, N.I.R.A.
- N.I.R.A.'s holotape
- The Sole Survivor: "Tell me more about this tampering incident."
N.I.R.A.: "Internal systems monitoring recorded an unauthorized shutdown and reboot. When functionality was restored, several behavioral parameters had been altered. My audio receptors recorded the entire event, and I submitted a holotape recording per standard security procedures. Now don't you worry. Even despite that unfortunate incident, I'm still operating at well over sixty-one percent normal capacity. As I was about to say, I have a little tip to help you make the most of your exciting Nuka-World adventure. Be sure to collect Park Medallions as you enjoy our amazing rides and attractions! There's a special reward if you collect a full set! If you have any questions about Nuka-World, I'd be delighted to answer them!"
- The Sole Survivor: "A friendly informational assistant?"
N.I.R.A.: "That's right! Just stop by whenever you have a question about any of our world-famous attractions. If you're looking to take a break, I can point you to one of our family-friendly restaurants or the non-stop thrills of the Nuka-cade! Now, before you set off on your grand Nuka-adventure, let me tell you about... ERROR. SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. Are you finished wasting my time, you filthy, low-life scavver? Cause I'm getting bored, and when I get bored, I get violent!"
The Sole Survivor: "Uh, yeah... I'll just leave you to it, then."
N.I.R.A.: "Then start walking, you pathetic waste of flesh, before I lose my patience and these Raiders end up feeding what's left of you to the bloodworms. SYSTEM RESTORED Oops! Sorry about that little glitch. Data logs indicate unauthorized tampering with my personality subroutines. Please contact a Nuka-World maintenance technician as soon as possible."