The mysterious broadcast is a radio station in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues, inviting the Courier to Big MT. The broadcast enthusiastically invites listeners to a "Midnight Science Fiction Feature!" while playing a downbeat jazz theme that "makes your head hurt." Jazz tunes previously only heard in casino lobbies (including old ones from Radio New Vegas and Mojave Music Radio) are played as well.
The mysterious broadcast can be heard upon installation of the Old World Blues add-on and plays throughout the Mojave Wasteland. It appears to originate from the crashed satellite at the Mojave Drive-in.
- Begin Again - Stephanie Dowling (as Vera Keyes)
- Why Don't You Do Right? - Dave Barbour Quartet, featuring Peggy Lee (1950)
- Blues For You - Gabriel Pares (2004)
- Jazz Blues - Gerhard Trede (1999)
- Jazz Club Blues - Harry Bluestone (2005)
- Joe Cool - Georges Teperin(recorded under the pseudonym "Nino Nardini"; released in 1965)
- Manhattan - Gerhard Trede (1997)
- Sleepy Town Blues - Harry Lubin (2009)
- Slow Bounce - Gerhard Trede (1997)
- Slow Sax - Christof Dejean (1999)
- The broadcast can be listened to in any location in the game.
- The songs are set to play completely randomly, because the station does not keep track of the song it played last, meaning that the same song may play two or three times in a row.
- This is the only station, besides the Sierra Madre Broadcast, that can be played while in Big MT. Camp Guardian Radio is blacked out, and all of the other stations are removed from the list and not even visible while playing Old World Blues.
- Also, this is the only broadcast that will automatically play when beginning the aforementioned add-on and continues to broadcast, much like the Sierra Madre Broadcast, even upon completing it.
- Begin Again is missing from the songs folder. For this reason, the station will go completely silent when it attempts to play it. The station can be restarted by loading an old save.[verified]
- To fix, open the file "Fallout New Vegas\Data\OldWorldBlues - Sounds.bsa" with "BSA Browser", second you will need to create a folder in "Fallout New Vegas\Data\Sound\songs\" and name this folder "radionvdlc03" extract the file "mus_dlc01_veratheme_01.mp3", and save it under "Fallout New Vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionvdlc03". [verified]
- Occasionally the radio station may randomly play when loading an autosave in the Mysterious Cave.[verified]