|For an overview of .44 caliber Magnums, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Mysterious Magnum is a .44 Magnum revolver that plays the Mysterious Stranger's theme song whenever it is drawn or holstered. This revolver features a silver finish with intricate engravings etched all around the weapon, a pearlescent grip, higher damage, and a significantly faster firing rate than a normal .44 Magnum. It can also be concealed so long as one's Sneak skill is at least 50, making it an improved holdout weapon. Like most unique weapons, weapon modifications cannot be used on the Mysterious Magnum.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The Mysterious Magnum can fire a total of about 745 standard rounds, the equivalent of 125 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & SWC||745||125|
Variants[edit | edit source]
- .44 Magnum revolver, the standard .44 Magnum that can be found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum, a unique non-playable .44 Magnum used by the Mysterious Stranger.
- Raul's .44 Magnum revolver, a unique non-playable .44 Magnum used by Raul. It only differs from the standard .44 Magnum from its use of magical companion ammo and it has more damage.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|.44 Magnum revolver||36||67.5||1.88||x1||36||25||1.4||0.7||6||1245||3.5||2500||714.3||50||5|
|.44 Magnum revolver||36||67.5||1.88||x1||36||25||1.4||0.7||6||1870||3.5||4600||1314.3||50||5|
Location[edit | edit source]
It is owned by the Lonesome Drifter, who is sitting in front of the Sunset Sarsaparilla billboard next to the highway just east of El Dorado dry lake and north of the El Dorado Gas & Service. It can be acquired by passing a Barter check of 50 during the quest Talent Pool or can be looted/stolen from his person.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Mysterious Magnum is given to a companion, the Mysterious Stranger's theme will still play when they use it.
- Holstering it will make the second part of the tune play.
- Drawing/holstering the weapon while sneaking will cause the tune to play softly, thus not giving away one's position to enemies.
- It has a greatly reduced item HP compared to the standard .44 Magnum revolver, meaning that it will need to be repaired more often.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When drawing the revolver, the tune will occasionally play twice. To hear it play correctly, simply go into the third person and draw the revolver. This may be caused by possessing the Quick Draw perk, or a high Agility. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 You can obtain two of the revolvers by stealing the weapon from the Lonesome Drifter and then later doing a barter check of 50 during the quest Talent Pool. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the Mysterious Magnum equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]
- PC When you use .44 Magnum or the Mysterious Magnum in 3rd person view, most of the time you will miss the target, even while you're aiming, therefore making it better to use this gun in 1st person view. [verified]
- PC Occasionally, when the Mysterious Magnum is equipped, the speed loader of the weapon can be seen stuck to the back of the cylinder and protruding from the back of the gun. This glitch has no effect on gameplay, as it is merely cosmetic. It can be fixed by un-equipping it and re-equipping it, reloading it, or switching ammunition types. It also happens with the regular .44 Magnum, especially with the Heavy Frame. [verified]
- Xbox 360 When dropped, the custom design on it disappears. This bug does not otherwise affect gameplay. [verified]