Myrna, referred to as Crazy Myrna by Piper, is an anti-synth conspiracy theorist and the proprietor of a junk shop operating in Diamond City in 2287. She and her robot assistant Percy alternate between shifts, the former taking the day shift and the latter taking the night shift.
The proprietor of the junk shop known as Diamond City Surplus, Myrna is a gifted tinkerer with a penchant for restoring old robots. She suffers from a strong paranoia of synths, and as result is an outspoken anti-Institute conspiracy theorist. She is highly suspicious of synths shopping at her store, let alone browse her merchandise. Myrna has a known habit of periodically accusing her customers of being synths while behind the counter, leading them to leave in frustration.
In response to the recent rumors of kidnappings by the Institute, Myrna has reprogrammed Percy, an old Mister Handy unit she had salvaged and restored, to handle the night shift so that she can safely sleep at night. This is because of her fear of of the "synth propaganda" that perpetrates at dusk.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 337|
|Green shirt and combat boots||-||Diamond City Surplus key
.38 round x8
- Breaking into her home and subsequently unlocking her computer shows a list of people in town she suspects are synths, which accounts for most named NPCs living in Diamond City. She thinks Piper is writing articles to divert the idea that she could be a synth, while Moe Cronin could be a synth because "only synths like baseball". She also believes Arturo Rodriguez to be a synth because he is "too nice"; Abbot to be a synth because he is "too mean". Solomon is a synth according to her, and she feels he pretends to be "high all the time".
- Myrna also made plans to create an anti-synth movement in town, but was unsure how much of her campaign could have actually caught on, if she shared the plans with anyone at all.
- Under a computer note titled "Percy's Maintenance Schedule", she wonders why the pre-War robotics industry couldn't have stopped progressing past the trademark Mr Handy for sentience, concluding "Synths ARE NOT human".
- There is not a way to change her demeanor towards the player character, especially if they have a robot or synth companion, but if the Sole Survivor shops there enough, she seems to use less harsh dialogue towards the player.
- If the Institute ending is chosen, gen 1 synths can be seen walking around Diamond City and occasionally browsing in Myrna's store, although she will still say that she does not serve synths.
- If the Sole Survivor has Nick Valentine as a companion, occasionally Myrna will tell Nick that she does not serve synths. He will then tell her that the player is buying instead.
- If Myrna is killed, Percy will take her place.
Myrna appears only in Fallout 4.
- ↑ Myrna's terminal: "There needs to be a real movement against Synths in this city/ Security is useless. No matter how many reports I file, no one ever gets arrested. Don't they know all Synths are right-handed, and always eat promptly at Noon? That's HARD evidence, and I kept very, very strict records of everyone's activities in the market. I'm going to start hosting meetings. Just a few trusted people. We'll take back control of this city from the Synths. I'll need to screen everyone before I ask them. No matter how long it takes, I have to be sure. Anyone could be a Synth. Anyone."