Myrna, referred to as Crazy Myrna by Piper, is a merchant operating in Diamond City in 2287. Owner of Diamond City Surplus, she and her robot assistant Percy alternate between shifts, the former taking the day shift and the latter taking the night shift.
Suffering from a severe paranoia of synths, Myrna initially asks the Sole Survivor if they are a synth upon first meeting her. After confirming their true identity, Myrna will begin to trust the Sole Survivor, and trading can be accessed. Should the Sole Survivor lie, blankly stating they are a synth, or joke about it, Myrna will refuse to trade with them until told otherwise.
While at her stall during the day, she will periodically accuse residents who come to shop or chat with her of being synths, leading them to leave in frustration.
Her assistant, a Mr Handy named Percy, occupies the night shift due to Myrna's fear of "synth propaganda" perpetrating at dusk. As Diamond City Surplus uses two different vendors, each will have a seperate amount of caps and different materials.
Myrna sells weapons, apparel, aid, miscellaneous, junk and ammo. Other useful items she provides includes shipments of steel, adhesive, springs, fertilizer, ceramic, and plastic.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 337|
|Green shirt and combat boots||-||Diamond City Surplus key
.38 round x8
- Breaking into her home and subsequently unlocking her computer shows a list of people in town she suspects are synths, which accounts for most named NPCs living in Diamond City. She thinks Piper is writing articles to divert the idea that she could be a synth, while Moe Cronin could be a synth because "only synths like baseball". She also believes Arturo Rodriguez to be a synth because he is "too nice"; Abbot to be a synth because he is "too mean". Solomon is a synth according to her, and she feels he pretends to be "high all the time".
- Myrna also made plans to create an anti-synth movement in town, but was unsure how much of her campaign could have actually caught on, if she shared the plans with anyone at all.
- Under a computer note titled "Percy's Maintenance Schedule", she wonders why the pre-War robotics industry couldn't have stopped progressing past the trademark Mr Handy for sentience, concluding "Synths ARE NOT human".
- There is not a way to change her demeanor towards the player character, especially if they have a robot or synth companion, but if the Sole Survivor shops there enough, she seems to use less harsh dialogue towards the player.
- If the Institute ending is chosen, gen 1 synths can be seen walking around Diamond City and occasionally browsing in Myrna's store, although she will still say that she does not serve synths.
- If the Sole Survivor has Nick Valentine as a companion, occasionally Myrna will tell Nick that she does not serve synths. He will then tell her that the player is buying instead.
- If Myrna is killed, Percy will take her place.
Myrna appears only in Fallout 4.