The Lone Wanderer can buy this laboratory for My Megaton house from Moira Brown. A Tenpenny Tower suite laboratory can be purchased from Lydia Montenegro. It costs from 1,615 caps at Barter skill of 45, to 1,320 at Barter 100. Its base value is 1,199 caps, and can be bought for that price with the Master Trader perk. The laboratory is added to the home's desk.
- Clears any addictions for free.
- Creates one free random consumable per day, out of the following:
- The My First Laboratory looks just like any other laboratory in the game, such as the one inside the Citadel laboratory or the one in Vault 101 before taking the G.O.A.T., along with many others found in buildings and tunnels.
- Detoxifying with the Laboratory will not cure addictions to ant nectar. To cure this addiction, one must talk to a doctor, such as Doc Church, Doctor Preston etc.
- While an aid item is being produced, the detoxifying feature will not work.
My First Laboratory appears only in Fallout 3.