|For an overview of cave fungus, see cave fungus.|
While cave fungus is normally grown in caverns as a reliable healing reagent, some caverns over the years have become irradiated. This resulted in the mutated cave fungus, which can be used to make black blood sausages and other consumables.
Whereas a normal cave fungus would reduce radiation, mutant cave fungus adds radiation when consumed and has an appropriate green glow. This item is needed to create nightstalker squeezin's, thick red paste, black blood sausage and Battle Brew. They respawn in the named locations every 72 game hours (3 game days).
Survival skill effect
|10||+2 Hit Point for 5s||-24 Starvation|
|20||+2 Hit Point for 5s||-28 Starvation|
|30||+3 Hit Point for 5s||-32 Starvation|
|40||+3 Hit Point for 5s||-36 Starvation|
|50||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-40 Starvation|
|60||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-44 Starvation|
|70||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-48 Starvation|
|80||+5 Hit Point for 5s||-52 Starvation|
|90||+5 Hit Point for 5s||-56 Starvation|
|100||+6 Hit Point for 5s||-60 Starvation|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This is a list of fixed non-random places to find mutant cave fungus (37 total).
- Big MT north tunnel (sonic emitter required, five can be found).
- Magnetohydraulics complex - One, directly upon entering.
- Mysterious cave - Can find twenty scattered around here.
- Northeast of Signal Hills transmitter - Three total, one is across the fallen antenna, in the same area where the second dried seeds packet is found, one is around the Dionaea Muscipula and one is by the fountain.
- Ulysses' Point - Four can be found here.
- X-22 botanical garden - Four total, one in the ruined building on the ground floor, near the north wall. One is a few steps west of the building's entrance outside. One is near the foot of the steps and one is found on the remains of the second floor, on the southeast side.