Layout[edit | edit source]
The Museum of History can be accessed through the metro. One route is via Anacostia Crossing, following the tracks into Museum Station. The museum is on the north side of The Mall, north and a little east of the Washington Monument. Its east and west wings straddle the Museum station western exit. Willow, the Underworld sentry, can be found patrolling the area between the metro station and the museum entrance.
The structure itself is relatively undamaged, but most of the exhibits have been destroyed or ruined. A T-Rex skeleton and woolly mammoth are found at the entrance, which also serves as the entrance to Underworld, a city of ghouls. The museum also houses a number of artifacts of Abraham Lincoln such as Lincoln's repeater and hat.
The museum - except for Underworld - is infested by feral ghouls, glowing ones and reavers. With the Broken Steel, a ghoul named Griffon can be found here selling The Amazing Aqua Cura! which is Aqua Pura with a "secret ingredient."
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- A considerable number of artifacts of Abraham Lincoln. As the former president is a symbol of hope for slaves in the wastelands, his artifacts are highly sought after and can be sold as part of the Lincoln's Profit Margins quest.
- Lincoln's repeater - On the second floor of museum offices.
- John Wilkes Booth wanted poster as well as the Civil War draft poster are found in the Museum of History offices, library section in the 2-story room with the turret, on the lower floor of the room, on bookshelves in the southwest and southeast corners respectively. May also be found on the ground.
- Lincoln's diary is found on the second floor of the Museum of History's lower halls inside the northwest corner of the exhibition room.
- Antique Lincoln coin collection on the top floor of the library section, to the right at the top of the stairs, in the first room on the right. On a bookshelf on the west side of this room.
- Action Abe action figure item found in the offices on a desk in the archives room behind a Very Hard locked door or via the broken wall.
- Lincoln's hat is found on the first floor of the offices in the first room on the right after coming up the stairs from the lower halls. The room has a large hole in its ceiling and is located next to the men's bathroom.
- Lincoln's voice is found in the Museum of History offices. It is located in the library (the two-story room with the turret), upstairs, on a desk to the left of the hole in the wall.
- Nikola Tesla and You is located just inside the museum in the women's bathroom, last stall on the left.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine in the kitchen area of the lower halls on a shelf. It is in the kitchen room with a first aid box (east kitchen, west wall, bottom shelf).
- Nuka-Cola Quantum east of the kitchen area of the museum's lower halls, underneath a table, in a crate to the left of the Nuka-Cola machines.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual on a desk on the second floor of museum offices.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The T-Rex skeleton has three fingers when in reality the Tyrannosaurus only had two.
- Fawkes will be waiting in the lobby if one decides to free him from Vault 87, without recruiting him as a companion or if dismissed.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Museum of History appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC When the player first enters the lower levels of the Museum of History, the feral ghouls, reavers, and one glowing one may not attack the player. They may just run around after each other, not attacking the player until attacked, while appearing as enemies on the player's radar. [verified]
- Xbox 360 If the player wears the ghoul mask into the abandoned portion of the Museum of History, not only will the feral ghouls refrain from attacking, but the automated turrets will not target the player. [verified]
- PC Xbox 360 It is possible to re-lock the exhibit security gates, after they have been picked, by hacking the nearby computer and closing them. You may then proceed to pick the locks again using this method, gaining XP (fixed in patch 1.1). [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When leaving Underworld, while walking through the museum entrance, your followers will disappear. This does not happen with Fawkes, due to the fact that it is his waiting point. The followers should reappear on exiting the area. Followers may materialize through the door a few seconds after you have left, rather than just appearing instantly. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes after destroying the turrets the shooting sound effects will continue to play. [verified]
- PC Sometimes when fast traveling to the museum, a super mutant will spawn inside the museum's cell. The only way to get to the super mutant is to use the console command of tcl and walk through the building. It can be killed and looted normally. [verified]