| ||For other characters in the Fallout universe named Murphy, see Murphy.|
Murphy was an amateur scientist even back in his pre-ghoul days, and his tenacity has allowed him to deal with his "affliction." He's close to making some real caps with his invention - an enhanced dose of jet that can keep a ghoul up and peaking, as jet "doesn't affect ghouls much".
He has an assistant named Barrett, who acts primarily as a bodyguard, but can also be seen assisting him with other tasks.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Ultrajet and a few other chems.|
|This character starts quests.|
- Murphy's Bombing Run: Talking to Murphy will start the quest.
- If the Lone Wanderer berates Murphy in dialogue, he will end the conversation. If one then starts another conversation with him and ask him about the Sugar Bombs, he and Barrett will turn hostile once the conversation ends.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Wasteland surgeon outfit
|10mm SMG||Murphy's footlocker key|
Murphy appears only in Fallout 3.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes it will take a few seconds for the game to register that the Lone Wanderer has given Murphy any or all of your Sugar Bombs. The player character will say "Here's all the Sugar Bombs I've got.", but won't receive any caps nor will they be removed from the player's inventory. Trying this a few times, as well as waiting for up to 30 seconds before speaking to Murphy again, seems to get it to work. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes, if one has Fawkes in their party, Murphy will turn hostile towards him and Fawkes will kill Murphy. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 If the ammo is pickpocketed from Murphy and then in turn his weapon as well, after 72 hours both the ammo and weapon will respawn inside his inventory. This bug, however, does not replace his inventory with his old one; thus if one reverse pickpockets items into his inventory they will not disappear. [verified]
- Xbox 360 It is very rare, but sometimes after killing Murphy, and then stealing something off of a shelf or from his area, a sound byte of him yelling "Stop, thief!" will play even though he is dead. [verified]