Background[edit | edit source]
Despite the abundance of marshland south of Hyde Park, construction had begun on the outskirts of this area before the Great War. With the construction at a standstill, the marsh has become the habitat of a mirelurk queen. If made safe, this could be an excellent settlement location.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The default state of the construction site is laid out by a medium-sized section of swampland with two notable buildings. One of them is an unfinished wooden frame for a shack, where a workshop can be found next to a few basic articles of furniture.
Leaning on the structure is a sunken excavator that cannot be scrapped through workshop mode. Within a few feet of this, there is another destroyed building with a couch inside. Around that, the site is littered with cattails, fallen trees, and water.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Power armor spawn point just west of the site, a crashed vertibird guarded by a leveled Mister Gutsy.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Clearing the Way: A settler tells the Sole Survivor that they are concerned about dangerous enemies in a nearby area and asks them for help in clearing it out.
- Mercer Safehouse: The Murkwater construction site is one of the locations PAM can specify for establishing a new Railroad safehouse.
- Taking Point: Minutemen scouts have found a promising site for a new settlement, but it is overrun with hostiles. Preston Garvey asks the Sole Survivor to clear it out so a beacon can be set up to attract new settlers in need of a home.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The construction site is home to a mirelurk queen that can respawn after not visiting the location for a certain period of time.
- This is one of the smallest settlement sites in the game.
- There is a set of five concrete structures with wires between them to the northwest of the site. Opening the door on the middle construct reveals a cinder wall and graffiti that reads "you look nice today" and spawns a leveled sentry bot. This is a continued joke of the SatCom Array NN-03d's fake "fuck you" door from Fallout 3.
- Just west of the site, next to the pond with the crashed vertibird, is a possible occurrence for the "Scavenger and the Hatch" random encounter.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Murkwater construction site appears only in Fallout 4.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 385: "[6.20] MURKWATER CONSTRUCTION SITE
Despite the abundance of marshland south of Hyde Park, construction had begun on the outskirts of this area before the bombs dropped. Venture farther into the swamp to uncover some secondary locations. Currently, this area is teeming with wildlife of the irradiated and pincer-snapping kind. If made safe, this could be an excellent settlement location."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)