The default state of the construction site is laid out by medium-sized section of swamp land with two notable buildings already there; one of them is an unfinished wooden frame for a shack, where a workshop can be found next to a few basic articles of furniture. Leaning on the structure is a sunken excavator that cannot be scrapped through workshop mode. Within a few feet of this, there is another destroyed building with a couch inside. Around that the site is littered with cat-tails, fallen trees, and water.
- Power armor spawn point just west of the site, a crashed Vertibird guarded by a leveled Mister Gutsy.
- The construction site is home to a mirelurk queen that can respawn after not visiting the location for a certain period of time.
- This is one of the smallest settlement sites in the Commonwealth.
- There is a set of five concrete structures with wires between them to the northwest of the site. Opening the door on the middle construct reveals some graffiti that reads "you look nice today" and spawns a leveled sentry bot.
- Just west of the site, next to the pond with the crashed Vertibird, is a possible occurrence for the "Scavenger and the Hatch" random encounter.
The Murkwater construction site only appears in Fallout 4.