Sitting at the southern edge of Mount Blair, this trainyard is situated on the Red Line once served as a major loading point for coal removed from the mountaintop. It only grew in importance as operations in the region scaled upward, especially after the introduction of the Rockhound. This also made it one of the focal points for the 2077 automation riots, calling attention to the deleterious effect Hornwright Industrial Mining Company's automation had on their situation and the region overall.
A large location with a central train building and several auxiliary buildings, including a scrap yard, warehouses, signal tower, and the nearby abandoned mine shaft Elaine. The central building contains a power armor station and power armor spawn point in the western half, near a tinker's workbench and a bobblehead spawn point. The eastern part contains a steamer trunk, a cooking station on the roof, and a chemistry station in the main hall. Upon the roof is another bobblehead spawn location.
Up the stairs in the interior huts, are the payroll and supervisor terminals. Just past the warehouse to the west, a magazine spawn point can be found in the scrapyard in the northwestern corner. On the eastern side, past the minor warehouse, another cooking station can be found on a derelict train. There are three fusion generators in the immediate area of the trainyard that spawn fusion cores. Two are located on the ground floor of the main complex and one across a walkway on a nearby cliff.
- Note to Hornwright - Note, on a desk in a small building near the tracks.
- The 197 from DC - Holotape, in a wall safe behind some boxes in the office on the second floor which leads to the supervisor's office on the third floor.
- My name's James - Holotape, inside one of the train cars.
- Security protocols - Note, on Hornwright security bots during the event Battle Bot.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - At a power armor station on the ground floor in the west end of the large building with rail cars on the tracks running through it.
- Four potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the northwest area, halfway down the narrow coal conveyor belt running from the abandoned mine shaft Elaine area into the trainyard, just east of the long blue metal hut platform.
- On the roof of the main building, at the southern edge between the two fans, at the foot of a large chimney.
- On the northeastern corner of the eastern trainyard roof, on the exterior corner of the locked (2) roof maintenance hut, near the small corner chevron plate.
- East of the yard building, above the coal carriages, on a girder holding the large L-shaped coal pipe attached to the huge bulbous white metal tower.
- Three potential magazines:
- On the south side of the eastern concrete yard structure (with the yellow fan clamped to the south wall outside, near the flagpole), on the west wall of the office up the initial gantry steps, placed vertically between the two filing cabinets.
- On the west side of the trainyard, in the large metal storage warehouse, in the northwestern corner of the upstairs balcony area, placed vertically behind the tall green work cabinet with the two blue tray containers, near a mini nuke.
- On the roof of the eastern concrete yard structures, on the wood sheet platform in the southwest corner, on the small green chair.
The Mount Blair trainyard appears in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
In an office at the trainyard, there is a series of wooden blocks that spell out "WE KNO" next to a framed picture with a bloody handprint on it. This is a reference to the Dark Brotherhood's mysterious note in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide pp. 377–378: "16. MOUNT BLAIR TRAINYARD
On the upper ridge overlooking the main trainyard (close to Abandoned Mine Shaft Elaine) are numerous containers, rusting carriages, wrecked structures, generators, and other machinery. Upon the hill sits a large coal conveyor, which brings coal to the trainyard below. At the base of the hill is the trainyard, with coal trucks still waiting inside the yard buildings. There are also several exterior warehouses and a storage room accessible only via a key. Feel free to chat to the robot Mount Blair Payroll Terminal in one of the two upper metal huts, and try some vertigo-inducing parkour to reach a Bobblehead or two on and near the roof."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)