Mount Blair is a location in the Ash Heap region of Appalachia in 2102. It was the site of large-scale resource extraction and surface mining operations before the Great War and includes a towering bucket-wheel excavator. It is a public workshop with claim and defend event quests.
If the workbench on the resource extractor is claimed, a quest will be given to defend the workbench. After that, another quest to open the terminal in the control room will start. This will award the recipe to make ignition cores. By making four ignition cores and placing them in the four red generators, one can push the red button in the control room to start the excavator. This will run for thirty minutes, mining steel scrap, gold scrap, aluminium scrap, nuclear waste, black titanium, and more. All the resources will be dropped off at the opposite end of the excavator bucket-wheel in a box. Just beware, powering up the extractor will make defense missions pop, at least once, sometimes more, and it might also force you to defend against a scorchbeast.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
- Buck Nixon's Rockhound holotape - On a console in the northern interior section, near a window overlooking the large arm.
- Fusion core - Located within the main building.
- Random magazine - On the right arm of the Rockhound, inside a destroyed long structure, on top of the toilet.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - In a warehouse beside a green pickup truck east of the tower of the huge mining machine.
- Overseer's journal, entry 6 - Holotape, near the top.
Mount Blair appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
Blair Mountain is a real-world mountain in West Virginia, located near the unincorporated community of Blair in Logan County. The area was most notably the site of the Battle of Blair Mountain, the largest labor uprising in United States history, during which striking coal miners clashed with West Virginia lawmen before the United States Army intervened on orders from President Warren G. Harding.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.