The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Background[edit | edit source]
The single biggest attraction of Point Pleasant was the famous Mothman Museum, dedicated to one of Appalachia's most well known cryptids. What the town did not advertise was the fact that the museum was also home to a cult that sprung up around the creature, worshipping it as a deity.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The entrance is via two locked doors (Picklock 1) at the front or a locked door (Picklock 0) at the rear. The first floor consists of the main museum area with Mothman posters on the walls, display cabinets with various junk items, and a serving desk. There is also a miniature statue of the Mothman in one of the front window display cabinets.
At the back of the room is a locked (Picklock 2) restroom door. This can be unlocked with the bathroom key located in the house up the hill from Wilson Brother's Auto Repair (it is on a desk to the right when entering). A set of keys is located on a washbasin to the right of the door after it is opened. This allows access to some candlelit stairs which lead down to the basement behind a wooden screen on the left.
The basement used to be a storeroom but a hole has been knocked through a partition wall leading to a hidden shrine to the Mothman. Mothman cult statues are dotted around the drape-covered walls and church pews line a carpeted central aisle. There are candlelit altars at either end of the room and a wooden lectern with two readable sermons on it at the main end. Another hole in the wall leads to a small room with an armchair, I.V. drip, wheelchair, and a locked safe (Picklock 3) next to which some ritual bindings can be found.
The upper floor can be accessed from the ground level via a set of stairs. The upper floor is comprised of a small partitioned office, store cupboard, a tinker's workbench, general storage space, and the back door at the rear which leads outside.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Mothman Cometh - Part 1 - Holotape, on the front counter in the museum.
- Sermon: Impending doom - Note, on the lectern in the basement.
- Sermon: Summoning the Mothman - Note, on the lectern in the basement.
- Fernando's mysterious map fragment - On the front desk next to the cash registers.
- Mothman Museum key - Key to the museum. Located outside the museum, within Point Pleasant's southern apartment, opposite the bus stop.
- Ritual bindings and ritual mask - In the secret ritual area in the basement.
- Potential recipe - Behind the front counter of the store.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mothman Museum appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
This museum is inspired by the real life Mothman museum in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, and has a statue depicting the local mythical creature. An annual festival takes place to honor the legend of the Mothman.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The cult chambers beneath the museum.