Mosstown was settled by the former residents of the Burrows, who relocated there following the Burrow Boys' takeover of the sewer. Mosstown was prosperous for a time, having both a lounge and medical services, among other establishments, but their success did not last, as the settlement is abandoned by the time of the Vault 76 Vault Dwellers' arrival. A fissure site appeared west of Mosstown, contributing to its current population of hostile creatures.
Mosstown is hidden within the swamp and consists of a jumble of shacks, walkways, and trees. The main storage building is a short walk to the west and includes a chemistry station and a locked safe.
The main cluster of buildings is spread out in an oval area and includes numerous amenities, including cafes, food joints, a motel, and numerous living quarters. The steamer trunk is in the southeastern shack, along with a locked safe. Except for power armor, there are crafting stations for every type of crafting, mostly in the eastern part of the town.
- Lounge rules - Note, posted on a board to the right of the lounge entrance.
- Swamp butter - Note, on an empty bookcase in a metal shack on the southwest corner of the shantytown.
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the middle of the location, inside the waffle shack, on the cube-shaped metal work surface with the oven mitts.
- On the northwest side of town, inside the motel, on the metal desk with the typewriter.
- Three potential magazines:
- On the east side of the shantytown, close to the Cappy Nuka boat, next to the red trunk and locked safe, on a magazine rack.
- On the northwest side of town, inside the "Drugs" shack, by the green plastic outhouses, on the low coffee table between the gray and dark red couches.
- On the north side of town, inside the "Barber & Dentist" shack, on the corner wooden cabinet with the mirror and scissors on it, near the red chair.
- Potential power armor mod - On the southwestern side of the shantytown, near a plane propeller, on a lower metal shelf.
- Potential recipe - On the southeastern side of the shantytown, on a bookshelf next to a Picklock 3 safe.
- A significant quantity of preserved pre-War food (e.g. Sugar Bombs, Salisbury Steaks).
- On top of a shack there is a Brotherhood sonic generator.
- Although the world map is presented as an in-universe publication from Vault-Tec in 2076, a drawing of a shantytown is present on the map to mark Mosstown.
Mosstown appears only in Fallout 76.