|For other characters named Mortimer, see Mortimer.|
Mortimer joins the Raiders in an effort to obtain gold from trading with both them and the Vault Dwellers. He has great plans for the gold, from re-engineering a new body to force the robots at the Whitespring Resort to show him respect, to giving himself a gold paint job, to purchasing weapons modifications for himself, and even to use it to acquire a fourth arm.
Despite being willing to trade with the Raiders, Mortimer looks down on them. He views the Crater Core as a "hole in the ground" unfit for "a Handy of my stature," and despises the interior decorating therein. He knows Munch as mainly a compulsive liar, and dislikes Ra-Ra for bothering him.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Currency: Legendary scrip |
Sells: Unique plans for gold bullion
Effects of player's actions
After the events of Secrets Revealed, the last quest in the main Wastelanders questline, Mortimer will arrive at the Crater Core and become available as a merchant. He sells rare plans to the Vault Dwellers in exchange for gold bullion, with plan rarity dependent on one's reputation with the Raiders.
- Mortimer: "Once I've enough gold to engineer a new body, those insolent robots at Whitespring will have to respect me."
- Mortimer: "I wonder how much gold bullion it'll take to re-engineer my body. I think the color will quite suit me, don't you?"
- Mortimer: "Perhaps Vault 79 has some weapons modifications I could make use of."
- Mortimer: "A fourth arm could really show a certain robot I know who's boss."
- Mortimer: "Ah, beautiful gold, what plans I have for you. Not that any undesirables around here would ever understand."
- Mortimer: "This hole in the ground is no proper living quarters for a Handy of my stature."
- Mortimer: "The decor here is lacking to say the least. I mean, really, a dead animal? Am I the only one concerned about the smell?"
- Mortimer: "Can't push a button, but they can fire a gun? You're either full of shit or have been hanging out with Munch way to long."
- Mortimer: "Don't let that little girl near me. She keeps trying to make me play with her, and don't get me started on the fingerprints."