|For the member of the White Glove Society, see Mortimer.|
For the character mentioned in Fallout 4, see Mortimer (mentioned).
Background[edit | edit source]
Mortimer joins the Raiders in an effort to obtain gold from trading with both them and the Vault 76 Residents. He has great plans for the gold, from re-engineering a new body to force the robots at the Whitespring Resort to show him respect, to giving himself a gold paint job, to purchasing weapons modifications for himself, and even to use it to acquire a fourth arm.
Despite being willing to trade with the Raiders, Mortimer looks down on them. He views the Crater Core as a "hole in the ground" unfit for "a Handy of my stature," and despises the interior decorating therein. He knows Munch as mainly a compulsive liar, and dislikes Ra-Ra for bothering him.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Unique plans for gold bullion|
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
After the events of Secrets Revealed, the last quest in the main Wastelanders questline, Mortimer will arrive at the Crater Core and become available as a merchant. He sells rare plans to the vault dwellers in exchange for gold bullion, with plan rarity dependent on one's reputation with the Raiders.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mortimer: "Once I've enough gold to engineer a new body, those insolent robots at Whitespring will have to respect me."
- Mortimer: "I wonder how much gold bullion it'll take to re-engineer my body. I think the color will quite suit me, don't you?"
- Mortimer: "Perhaps Vault 79 has some weapons modifications I could make use of."
- Mortimer: "A fourth arm could really show a certain robot I know who's boss."
- Mortimer: "Ah, beautiful gold, what plans I have for you. Not that any undesirables around here would ever understand."
- Mortimer: "This hole in the ground is no proper living quarters for a Handy of my stature."
- Mortimer: "The decor here is lacking to say the least. I mean, really, a dead animal? Am I the only one concerned about the smell?"
- Mortimer: "Can't push a button, but they can fire a gun? You're either full of shit or have been hanging out with Munch way to long."
- Mortimer: "Don't let that little girl near me. She keeps trying to make me play with her, and don't get me started on the fingerprints."