It is used as an alternative currency in the town of Redding. They are backed by the Morningstar Mining Company and issued as payment to their workers. It consists of a small wooden token stamped with the Morningstar Mine company logo and has a face value of 5 NCR dollars.
- This item can be found on various NPCs and containers in the town of Redding.
- Thousands of Morningstar mine scrips are stored in footlockers within the money room of Ascorti's Ace and City Hall.
- A grave in Golgotha contains 134 Morningstar mine scrips, along with a pair of mirrored shades. Note that digging this grave will make you a Grave Digger and will make you lose 5 Karma (requires a shovel).
- While the in-game image of this item displays a value of 5 NCR dollars, in practice they have the same value as $1 NCR.
- Although intended to be used in Redding only, any trader will accept them.