This two-story scruffy metal housing with an atrium situated at the highest point of the Megaton crater. The front door opens to the bar. The restroom is under the stairs, concealed by a drape. Drinks are served by the ghoul bartender Gob, and the saloon is also home to Nova, a prostitute who will sleep with the Lone Wanderer if they rent a room for 120 caps.
One can get a discount from Gob, if he is not offended when first spoken to and the Wanderer has good Karma. The discount is 10% off everything Moriarty sells, which includes stimpaks and alcohol. The door behind the bar leads to the storage room containing Moriarty's terminal and the supply of the saloon. The backdoor in the storage room exits to behind the men's restroom.
On the second floor, there are four bedrooms. The first bedroom with a double bed is available to rent. The second room cannot be rented though it has a bed, chair, and filing cabinet. The third room in the corner is Moriarty's room with two chairs, a table with two beers and a squirrel stew on it. There is a bed with a Hard locked cabinet next to it and a metal box in the corner. The fourth and last room has a bed and a filing cabinet.
Regulars at Moriarty's include Jericho, Lucy West, Billy Creel, Nathan Vargas, and Walter. Mister Burke can also be found sitting in a corner, waiting for someone to come along who will do him and his employer a small service.
The cabinet in the storage room has the password to Moriarty's terminal, though it can be gained from Nova with a speech challenge or the Lady Killer perk.
- According to Lucas Simms, Moriarty is privy to information about the Lone Wanderer's father, but is also untrustworthy. Information can be gleaned through a bribe, successful use of Speech, hacking his computer, picking the lock on his filing cabinet, or outright killing the proprietor.
- Using the Lady Killer perk on Nova will easily get the password to Moriarty's terminal.
- The cabinet in Moriarty's room (Hard lock) may contain quite a few caps. Although Jericho claims that the key is "danglin' around Colin's neck," there is no key visible (since it was cut from the final version of the game), but can be picked.
- If Moriarty is dead, the name of the saloon will change to Gob's (top sign), and Nova will no longer be a prostitute, although she still can be found "sleeping" beside the Lone Wanderer on the bed, when resting in the room. The bottom sign will still refer to the bar as Moriarty's.
- Andy Stahl claims that Moriarty occasionally urinates in his patron's drinks as a joke.
- Mister Burke will no longer be inside the saloon once the bomb in Megaton has been defused.
- The Fallout 3 Official Game Guide states that there are two keys in Moriarty's cooler, an Andale basement key and an Andale shed key, even though neither are present.
Moriarty's Saloon appears only in Fallout 3.
- Speaking with Mr. Burke before disarming the bomb, then reporting him to Lucas Simms may cause you to freeze when confronting Burke. This may result in Lucas Simms being killed. [verified]
- If you completed the Galaxy News Radio quest before you visit the saloon, Gob may still complain about the radio frequency shortly after you enter. [verified]
- Fawkes as a follower and staying a certain amount of time in the saloon may cause Fawkes to engage in battle with everyone there, except for the player. Having
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 66: "Colin Moriarty
"Moriarty, 50, has been here nearly his entire life. He claims that his grandfather helped found the original settlement a few years after the war. His father used the nearby trade routes to amass wealth, which is used to help secure Megaton. Colin inherited this wealth when his father was killed during a Raider attack when Colin was 14. Colin's first move was to build a fence around the town. Since then, the people have looked to Colin as a benefactor despite his running drinks, Chems, girls, and games out of his saloon. Simms turns a blind eye to Moriarty's activities, because he is acutely aware that the town needs Colin's support and resources."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)