Morgantown trainyard was the freight yard for the city of Morgantown. Connected to the railway system spread out throughout Appalachia, it allowed ease of transportation of goods from the nearby Morgantown Airport and Mama Dolce's Food Processing plant. Due to the defensible nature of the location, many survivors from the Great War utilized the place as a base of operations, including the Responders.
The Morgantown trainyard is a large trainyard with two large warehouses, two signal towers, and a tall lookout tower. The Responders left several caches of supplies in the area which still contain useful items.
The two warehouses are connected by a covered walkway - one is a workshop and one houses the main train loading area. The workshop building is located next to an orange and white trailer. It has two cooking stations - one outside the building and one upstairs.
There is also a chemistry station and armor workbench inside. A chem box sits near the armor workbench and an industrial trunk can be found on one of the catwalks inside the main loading building. A weapons workbench can be found in a small hut that sits apart from the main buildings.
- Carter and Blackwell - Traitors! - Note, found on a console inside the largest tower, which can be reached by a catwalk up from the main building.
- Dear Spence - Note, on a desk in the northeast white tower.
- Potential Vault-Tec bobblehead - In the control tower, to the left of the ham radio, on a desk.
- Two potential magazines:
- In the tower above the warehouse door, on a wooden box near the black mainframe.
- On the second floor, opposite of a mattress leaning against the wall, on a wooden box.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - In a military railcar with a crane over it beside the building.
- Plan: Chemistry workbench - On (or submerged) on top of a crate to the right of the chemistry workbench.
- Potential armor mod plan - On the metal shelf next to the armor workbench, on the bottom row.
- Potential weapon mod plan - On top of a cabinet next to a weapons workbench in a small shack.
- Potential armor mod - On the metal shelf next to the armor workbench, on the middle row.
- Potential weapon mod - On top of a cabinet next to a weapons workbench in a small shack.
- Potential recipe - On the second floor, to the right of a cooking stove, on top of a cabinet.
The Morgantown trainyard appears only in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 308: "33. MORGANTOWN TRAINYARD
The southwestern edge of Morgantown is comprised of this large trainyard, full of rusting cargo carriages and lurking foes. Follow the derailed containers up to the Station, checking any open ones for possible scavenging opportunities. The large corrugated metal warehouses have a gantry leading to control huts and a tall tower. Outside on the east side is a large mechanic's warehouse (with workbenches), an unloading area marked with two flag poles with open containers, a signal tower, a small mechanic's hut, and an open carriage with possible Power Armor."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)