Monsignor Plaza has three entrances. There is a locked door (Expert lock) on the east side which leads directly up to the top floor, with some low-moderate level radiation from a barrel at the bottom of the stairs and a few can chimes, plus a trip wire at the top of the stairs. The "main" entrance has an enclosed fortification shielding it including at least one machine gun turret and several raider guards. The lower level entrance is located in the "U" - shaped clearing next to Ticonderoga Safehouse. Entering via the lower level is slightly easier as there are no exterior guards or raiders nearby on the inside, the door itself is unlocked, and there is an unlocked terminal with a police protectron just inside. The robot can be activated and will patrol the hallways, distracting, and possibly eliminating some of the raider guards. To the left of the protectron is a safe (Novice) behind the counter.
The rest of the enclosure is a standard raider warren for the most part, with various ammo containers and supply boxes scattered throughout the three levels. If the player is here completing a Quartermastery quest assignment, the quest item will be at the end of the third-floor hallway past the wrecked "Slocum's Joe" shop. This room also holds the key for the door at the bottom of the adjacent stairwell. There is a trip wire on the other side of the door to the stairwell.
There is a defunct gun shop on the third floor with an unlocked terminal controlling one of the turrets (though it's very likely you'll need to destroy said turret in order to get near the terminal). The shop has a variety of ammo to loot, but take care as there is a bathroom scale floor trap behind the counter. There is also an inaccessible branch of Fallon's department store situated here.
- Richard's note - On Richard, a deceased Publick Occurrences salesman, located inside a kiosk between the plaza and Cambridge crater.
- Stars and Stripes bandana - On a shelf behind the counter in the clothing store on the first floor.
- Bathrobe - On a shelf along the west wall in the same room.
- Griswold's poetry collection holotape - In Griswold's terminal in the gun shop on the third floor.
- Monsignor Plaza key - On the Slocum's Joe counter in the same room as Sue's terminal on the third floor.
- Only mine - Note, ground floor, on a table in the plaza's bookstore.
- Scratched subway token - Token, on the floor near the hole in the wall leading to the clothing store.
- Butcher's Bill 2: A survivor may have made it out of the Augusta safehouse disaster. His name is Blackbird and he was spotted recently. Doctor Carrington tasks the player character to gather more details regarding his fate.
- Kidnapping: Concerned settlers will ask the Sole Survivor to help them rescue a fellow settler that was kidnapped for ransom by nearby hostiles, hoping to have them freed without harm.
- Lost Soul: Doctor Carrington has a lead on a synth that's in danger and sends the player character to save them.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- Reclamation: The Sole Survivor learns from Dr. Secord that a synth was kidnapped by raiders. They can help with the planned retrieval mission by placing a tracking beacon on the synth and reporting back to the Synth Retention Bureau.
- Treasure Hunt: The Sole Survivor finds a note that suggests a large number of caps or chems may be stashed nearby.
- A Pint-Sized Problem: The Sole Survivor can follow the trail of and end the nefarious mayhem of the murderer.
- The terminal entries reveal some minor friction between Griswold and Sue. Sue's terminal only has narrative entries and does not provide any control or unlocking options.
- The raider on the top floor near the Slocum's Joe is a ghoul while the other raiders in the area are human.
The Monsignor Plaza appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Playstation 4 When exiting through the lower floor it may cause the game to freeze at the loading screen.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 A game-breaking glitch causes Monsignor Plaza to be unplayable with a crash. For some players, Patch 1.02 fixes the problem, however, the problem still exists due to this issue affecting all save files. Bethesda forums offer a workaround for quests related to this problem, mostly The Railroad-related quests.[verified]