The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This mine was the site of the Monongah mining disaster of 1907, killing over 300 workers. Hornwright Industrial took control of the mine in 2075, using auto-miners to extract an extremely high amount of coal under the supervision of Deke Sykes. By Christmas of that year, it was projected that the mine would run out of coal deposits within a month.
One part of this location contains an expert-level safe. As noted in the safe note, the key is the garden gnomes. The key to this safe is in the middle of three blue garden gnomes, found on the roof of a destroyed bus.
- Safe note - On a desk inside of a shack outside of the mine.
- For Vincent - Note, found directly north of the mine, in a locked trailer, near a handcuffed skeleton.
- Monongah mine safe key - On the roof of a trailer, surrounded by blue garden gnomes. Opens the safe next to the Mining Supervisor's terminal.
- Raider power armor - Found directly north of the mine, at a small raider camp.
- Random recipe - North of the mine, on a small table along the cliffside, at an unmarked location which is a possible Nukashine spawn point after drinking the beverage.
Monongah mine appears only in Fallout 76.