The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Prior to the Great War, Monongah was in severe financial straits, suffering a heavy recession because of a downturn in the mining economy. Initially believing that it had been saved due to the intervention of Hornwright Industrial's mining operation there, it would eventually be realized that this was a pipe dream, owing to poor yields from mining.
Monongah is a small pre-War town near the Monongah power plant at the border of the Savage Divide and the Forest regions of Appalachia. Before the Great War, it housed the workers of the nearby power plant and also the miners of the area. Post-war, the town is abandoned. The Scorched and radrats can roam the area, in addition to Liberators.
- Vault-Tec bobblehead - On a shelf behind a locked door leading to a supply shed attached to one of the houses.
- Vox syringer - Obtained during the daily quest Someone to Talk To.
- Martha's letter - Note, on the front porch of a house.
- Hornwright's proposal - Holotape, an elevated platform above a northeastern house, next to skeleton.
- Animal control report - Note, on top of a filing cabinet next to the armory on the second floor of the police station.
- Forensics report and Missing: The Priblos - Notes, on the front desk of the police station.
- Incident evaluation - Note, inside of a filing cabinet near two terminals on the second floor of the police station.
- Someone to Talk To - a repeatable quest.
Monongah appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
Monongah is an actual town in West Virginia with a history of mining. It is north of Clarksburg and Grafton in real life; its in-game position does not correspond with any particular real-life location.