Usually, the patrons can order rat-pie, rat-loaf, and spaghetti. Some of them reportedly "taste like chicken," though one glum-faced patron will advise the Chosen One to stay away from the brahmin fries. Occasionally, one may find such delicacies as:
- Radscorpion stew
- Braised pig rat
- Steamed radscorpion tails in drawn butter
- Cabbage soup
- Fresh brahmin fries
- Gecko pie
- Flank steak
- Well-marbled mole rat
- Fricasseed floater
- Filet mignon
- Medallions of grilled gecko
- Mantis marsala
- Molerat manicotti
- Brahmin en brochette
- Radscorpion en croute
- Centaur chops
If Mom has been killed, the next time the Den's east side is entered, an out of business sign will be present.
Mom's Diner appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenes
- Mom's dialogue file - line 356
- The Vault Dweller's Official Cookbook p.33: "My journeys out west brought me to a charming establishment called Mom's Diner. One particularly unenthused patron suggested I stay away from the brahmin fries, but I couldn't help myself and ordered a plate. These are... not the same recipe, but I much prefer to harvesting the brahmin, uh, "meat" myself from one of the beasts."
- The Vault Dweller's Official Cookbook p.103: "Mom over at Mom's Diner loved this recipe, but thought mole rat would work just fine as a replacement. We also determined that a combination of Hubflower and a few fern flowers replaced the spices easily. Well, it probably isn't nearly as delicious but at least the recipe won't taste like dirt."
- The Vault Dweller's Official Cookbook p.99: "When I visited Mom's Diner, I couldn't believe how much radscorpion tasted like chicken. It's certainly easier to find!"