Moe Cronin, a "baseball" enthusiast, sells customized baseball equipment and apparel for the sole purpose of killing. If spoken to, Moe tells the Sole Survivor what he believes baseball was: two teams armed with deadly modified baseball bats battling to the death. The baseball bats of the surviving winners of the game were called "Swatters" and therefore set the tradition of "next generation baseball." He also believes that baseballs were given to the children of dead players, baseball gloves were used to absorb bullets, and that baseball cards kept track of a player's kills.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 355|
Sells: shipments of wood and cork, baseball items
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Out in Left Field - Moe will ask to recover for him a signed baseball, signed catcher's mitt and signed baseball card in Westing Estate.
- Find the Treasures of Jamaica Plain - Moe will purchase the 2076 World Series baseball bat. He will spend from 200 to 400 caps for the item, depending on the success of several Charisma checks.
- After his store closes, Moe can be found at the Dugout Inn. When interacted with, he drops his vendor's attitude for rude remarks, usually saying "Beat it."
- When speaking to Moe about how baseball was played, one will have the option to tell him how the game was actually played, which leads to a comment from any current companion as well as Moe stating he prefers his version better.
- If Codsworth is present, he will support the Sole Survivor's version of the game up. If told that baseball was more brutal, he'll say to "not encourage him."
- Cait will like telling him baseball was more brutal.
- Moe is the only merchant to sell a shipment of 100 units of wood.
|.38 round x9
Bottle cap x13
Moe Cronin's house key
- If killed, he will humorously say, "Three strikes, I'm out."
- His understanding of baseball displays the same worldview as Goalie Ledoux's understanding of hockey in Fallout 3.
Moe Cronin appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Joe Cronin was a famous baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, whose retired number #4 is displayed on the upper decks of Diamond City, and its real-life counterpart, Fenway Park.
- Moe Berg was another famous baseball player, and a WWII spy who played for the Boston Red Sox.