Infobox incomplete (dialogue)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
A lifelong agent trained from birth in the People's Republic of China for this singular purpose, Mochou was assigned to the American theater and worked closely with other communist operatives against the American war effort. Orders and a lifetime of being shaped to think as Chinese commanders wanted her to think resulted in an incredibly capable and loyal agent until the Great War happened and Mochou realized the two superpowers both lied to their people, manipulating them like puppets.
Once she saw the puppeteers, she realized she wanted nothing to do with any of it and disappeared into the wasteland. She assumed that all governments had fallen, including China. However, she was wrong: Another pre-War asset, loyal to the communist cause beyond nuclear fire, tracked her down using trackers embedded in her gear, and presented an ultimatum: Follow orders or die. She abandoned her family, disappearing overnight, to avoid dragging them into the invisible war.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Invisible Ties: Mochou is located as part of the quest and depending on the player character's decisions, she will die, become estranged from her daughter, or join the settlers at Foundation.
Effects of player's actions
- If Mochou is spared and settles in Foundation, Samuel will tell her and Jen about a doctor who can change Mochou's face.
- If the player character chooses to kill Mochou, Jen will express disappointment and ask to talk once she gets back to Foundation. She will continue to work with Foundation until All That Glitters, in which she will mention she's going to bury her mother beside her father to the north in the Capital Wasteland.
Missing data (Inventory)
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Chinese stealth armor (initially)
Laundered green dress (at Foundation)
Behind the scenes
Mochou is the name of a legendary Chinese woman, who is the subject of a number of ancient tales.
- Vault Dweller: "So you were a spy before the war, too?"
Mochou: "Yes. I was trained from childhood to do this job. It's all I knew, I never chose any of this. It was either follow orders or die."
- Vault Dweller: "Someone tracked you down? Who?"
Mochou: " "
- Vault Dweller: "Why didn't you just leave after the bombs fell?"
Mochou: "I did! They tracked me down with tracers in my gear, years later. I thought everything was all over, that the governments were all gone, that I was free. If I had known, I would have thrown it all away and just hoped for the best. I thought holding on to it would save my life, but I was wrong. So wrong."
- Mochou: "If I give you this suit then they'll come for you... and they'll find me. Maybe not tomorrow, but eventually. They will kill me for it. I don't care if I die, I may as well already be dead. But they will also kill Jen, and I can't risk that."
- Vault Dweller: "What're you going to do now?"
Jen: "I'm going to help my mom get settled in at Foundation, show her all our decadent consumerist ways. Samuel told us about a doctor who can change your face... so we might look at doing that down the road. If they can do it for a ghoul."