Background[edit | edit source]
Mister Buckingham is Vera's best friend, a Mister Handy robot with a standard chassis, with the disposition of an upper class British butler. Mister Buckingham is stationed in the hotel 24/7 and manages the hotel every time Vera is away.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: food and alcohol|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: 120 caps.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer sits down at the table in the Weatherly Hotel when Mister Buckingham is taking orders, he will ask them for their order, just like the citizens of Rivet City. He will face them and automatically open a dialogue box asking, "May I take your order?"
- If the Lone Wanderer asks, "Who's your owner, rust bucket?" he will utter under his breath "Not that it's any of your business." This sentence doesn't appear in the subtitles of his answer.
- If the Lone Wanderer rents a room from Mister Buckingham, he will give directions to the hotel room, muttering under his breath as to whether or not that was the broom closet.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mister Buckingham will respawn eventually if killed, unlike any other non-essential named non-player character.
- Mister Buckingham has a glitch in his system: if the Lone Wanderer buys a hotel room from him instead of Vera Weatherly, the room is theirs forever. If it is bought from Vera Weatherly, it will only be available for one night.
- Mister Buckingham and Vera Weatherly have a shared inventory, with the exception that only Mister Buckingham sells alcoholic beverages.
- With the Robotics Expert perk, Mister Buckingham may be repeatedly deactivated approximately every three to four game days.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mister Buckingham appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Playstation 3 Mister Buckingham and Private Jones have a tendency to randomly turn hostile towards the player unprovoked, even when the rest of Rivet City is peaceful. The other citizens will also turn hostile during the fight, even if the player doesn't fight back when being attacked. [verified]
References[edit | edit source]