| ||For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The missing laser pistol is a unique version of the laser pistol that is only found during the unmarked quest Pistol Packing. It also has the same stats as the standard laser pistol with the exception of lower damage and critical damage.
The missing laser pistol can fire a total of about 995 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 34 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol, standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Pew Pew, a unique variant found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters during the A Valuable Lesson quest.
- Compliance Regulator , a unique laser pistol that paralyzes a target on hit.
- Laser pistol (GRA) , a unique variant that can accept modifications.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
See the unmarked quest Pistol Packing for details. The pistol will not appear until the proper sequence of conversations have taken place. It can then be found on a large rock in the middle of the gulch, next to the corpse of a wastelander.
- As it is a quest item, this weapon will not be removed in instances where the Courier's weapons are removed from their inventory while entering certain locations, such as holdout weapons locations or the Sierra Madre.
- When using the iron sights, as the laser pistol does not have an animation for iron sight firing in first person, it first aims with the iron sights, then changes to the regular zoomed-in hip fire of a standard laser pistol as soon as the weapon is fired.
- The missing laser pistol's Pip-Boy icon is that of a plasma pistol, rather than that of the normal laser pistol.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes the missing laser pistol doesn't spawn at all. If it doesn't, make sure you've talked to Initiate Stanton. [verified]
| || |