|For an overview of laser pistol models, see laser pistol.|
A laser pistol belonging to the Mojave Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel, the missing laser pistol is a unique version of the laser pistol that is only found during the unmarked quest Pistol Packing. Initiate Stanton and Apprentice Watkins snuck out of the Hidden Valley bunker with this pistol for a "training exercise" against radscorpions in a nearby gulch, but dropped it when the scorpions got too close for comfort. The Courier can later retrieve it from the gulch as part of the quest.
It has similar stats to the standard laser pistol with the exception of lower damage and critical damage. Unlike the laser pistol, it is also possible to use the iron sights on this weapon. The missing laser pistol cannot use any of the energy cell's variants, such as over charge or max charge.
The missing laser pistol can fire a total of about 995 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 34 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser pistol, standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Pew Pew, a unique variant found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters during the A Valuable Lesson quest.
- Compliance Regulator , a unique laser pistol that paralyzes a target on hit.
- Laser pistol (GRA) , a unique variant that can accept modifications.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
During the unmarked quest Pistol Packing, the pistol will appear after the proper sequence of conversations has taken place. It can then be found on a large rock in the middle of scorpion gulch, next to the corpse of a wastelander.
- As it is a quest item, this weapon will not be removed in instances where the Courier's weapons are removed from their inventory while entering certain locations, such as holdout weapons locations or the Sierra Madre.
- When using the iron sights, as the laser pistol does not have an animation for iron sight firing in the first person, it first aims with the iron sights, then changes to the regular zoomed-in hip fire of a standard laser pistol as soon as the weapon is fired.
- The missing laser pistol's Pip-Boy icon is that of a plasma pistol, rather than that of the normal laser pistol.
Sometimes the missing laser pistol doesn't spawn at all. If it doesn't, make sure you've talked to Initiate Stanton. [verified]