|For an overview of missile launcher types in the Fallout universe, see missile launcher.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A fairly common and powerful big gun, the potential of the missile launcher is somewhat reduced by its long reload time and inability to kill anything stronger than a super mutant brute in a single shot.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The missile launcher can fire about 83 missiles from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Miss Launcher - A unique variant found in Fort Independence.
- Sim version - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health (essentially non-degrading).
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Missile launcher||20||268.4||150||Direct fire, contact fuse||1.58||x0||0||55||3.1||0.5||1||83||20||500||25|
|Miss Launcher||20||347.4||200||Indirect fire, timed fuse||1.58||x0||0||55||4||0.5||1||83||15||400||26.7|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Missile launchers can be wielded by a wide variety of both enemies and friendlies. When encountered in squads, super mutants, raiders, and Talon Company mercs usually have at least one member wielding a heavy weapon, which can be a missile launcher.
- One can be found around the back of the Washington Monument, along with an ammunition box full of missiles.
- Commander Jabsco uses the missile launcher as his primary weapon.
- VSS armory after completing Operation: Anchorage. One can be obtained from the
- smugglers. Occasionally carried by
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The missile launcher will "lock-on" on certain metallic objects, most notably turrets and the heads of many robot types, giving an increased chance to hit even at long range. This homing ability is perhaps why it is a missile launcher as opposed to a simpler unguided rocket launcher. (If used in V.A.T.S. (with sufficient skill) against a fast moving target, the missile quite obviously curves and tracks the targeted body part.)
- A special missile launcher with no name, appearing as <Missing Name> in the inventory, can be obtained on Windows using the console command player.additem 0005deee 1. This weapon is used by the SatCom nuclear strike and is what creates the rain of Satcom missiles that are called upon from the Satcom array. It fires missiles, however the explosion is much larger than that of the mini nuke, and gives +40 Rads/sec at the impact zone.