|For an overview of missile ammunition types, see missile.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Guided explosives used by the missile launcher.
Weapons using this ammunition[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
Missile, high explosive[edit | edit source]
High explosive missiles deal an extra 35% impact damage, though the damage of the explosion itself is unchanged. They also have a 50% larger blast radius.
Missile, high velocity[edit | edit source]
This missile travels at 3.23 times faster than the regular missile, thus meaning it will reach the target quicker, which is helpful in mid-range combat.
Missile, hive[edit | edit source]
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Ammunition type||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|- Weapon Damage modifier||- Ammo bonus effects|
|- Target Damage Threshold modifier||- Ammo is craftable|
|- Weapon Condition modifier||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|Missile, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||0% chance|
|Missile, high velocity||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||+3450 projectile speed||0% chance|
|Missile, high explosive||x 1.35||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1.5 AoE radius||0% chance|
|Missile, hive||x 1.58(total)||x 1||x 1||x 20||9 projectiles||0% chance|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Can be bought from the Boomer munitions manager at the mess hall & munitions storage within Nellis Air Force Base.
- Eight around the Violet and Violetta trailer compound.
- Four in the storage building at Black Mountain.
- One high explosive missile and one high-velocity missile are in the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse.
- Inside the Gun Runners building, there is a duffle bag with 13 missiles.
- Sold by the Vendortron at the Gun Runners kiosk.
- Can be bought from Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac.
- Can be bought from Alexander at the 188 trading post.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Missiles, like all forms of ammunition, have no weight. When playing on Hardcore mode, they become extremely cumbersome, making the missile launcher a somewhat impractical weapon. As of the 188.8.131.522 patch, all missiles weigh half as much as they previously did, at 1.5 lbs, and can be affected by the Pack Rat perk to even further reduce their weight.
- Missiles can be converted into rockets in any workbench. This process yields two rockets per missile.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
[platforms tag needed] Due to an engine bug, all non-hitscan projectiles such as missiles do no impact damage outside of V.A.T.S. [verification overdue]