Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Eggs are found in mirelurk nests, usually containing 2-3 eggs that are ready to hatch, indicated by their twitching.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Mirelurk egg (1)
Dirty water (1)
Mirelurk egg (1)
Mirelurk meat (1)
Mirelurk cake (1)
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One cluster can be found early, on the northeast shore of the lake east of Sanctuary Hills, just southwest of the Robotics disposal ground. Low-level characters may have difficulty with the mirelurks that guard it, however.
- Ten can be found in Westing Estate.
- A large number of eggs can be found in the Massachusetts State House, although the area surrounding the eggs is irradiated.
- Three clusters may be found in Neponset Park, two in the doorless cabin and another directly in front of it across the lake.
- Several in a small cluster west of the BADTFL regional office.
- At least a dozen clusters can be found in the Castle.
- There are plenty inside Weston water treatment plant.
- A number of nests can be found near Nahant Oceanological Society, but care should be taken near the radioactive barnacles.
- A single egg can be found in a small mausoleum beneath the freeway just north of the Electrical Hobbyist's Club.
- Several in the Irish Pride Industries shipyard surrounding the ship at ground level.
- Northpoint reservoir. At least 15 mirelurk eggs can be found at the
- World of Refreshment and in the Nuka-Cola bottling plant. Upon picking them up, their name will change to "mirelurk egg." At least 40 mirelurk eggs named "Nukalurk eggs" can be found in the
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Eggs that will hatch and spawn mirelurk hatchlings will be moving slightly. Shooting them or approaching will cause them to hatch and attack the Sole Survivor. Unhatched eggs from an egg cluster can still be destroyed if they aren't collected.
- Mirelurk eggs are part of the materials required in order to construct mirelurk cages if Wasteland Workshop is installed.
- It is also one of the ingredients required for the mirelurk cake recipe, which is a useful consumable that provides the player the ability to breathe underwater for half an hour.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Playstation 4 Xbox One When collecting unhatched Mirelurk eggs, the item may be added to your inventory despite not disappearing from the ground. This is purely a visual bug, and does not affect gameplay but can be confusing. [verified]