| ||For an overview of minigun models in various games, see minigun.|
The Rockwell CZ53 personal minigun, otherwise known as the 5mm Man-Portable Minigun, is capable of firing 5mm ammunition at over 60,000 RPM with an ammo capacity of 120x 5mm round. The CZ53 personal minigun makes up for the small 5mm round by sending a hail of bullets toward its target. Its sheer size, coupled with its trademark sound, is enough to send anyone in its path running for cover. It's a great weapon for suppressing fire, letting others flank the unsuspecting enemy. When the Great War struck, it was already an aging design and was slowly being replaced by the more advanced CZ57 Avenger minigun. Later models of the CZ53 have six barrels linked into pairs, with four barrels on top and two on the bottom, a cage underneath the weapon to hold an ammo box containing 240 5mm rounds, and used in combination with a backpack. The first model was the favorite weapon of the Mariposa super mutants during the Unity's time, and allowed most or all of the super mutants to wield them effectively with only one arm.
The CZ53 is an excellent big gun, especially since it's one of only 3 big guns in Fallout, and one of the more common big guns in Fallout 2. It's best at mid- to close-range shooting, where its 40 round bursts can tear apart small groups of enemies. At longer ranges, fewer bullets hit, resulting in a lower damage due to the small bullets it shoots. The hollow-point round multipliers create ridiculous amounts of damage, while the AP ammo remains useless due to engine glitches and miscalculations.
All in all, it's a fine weapon for Fallout, while the Avenger minigun one-ups it for Fallout 2. Paired with a Rockwell BigBazooka for long range, it lets a big guns character blow apart any opposition.
- Boneyard Fortress, purchased from Zack.
- The Glow Level 5, found in locker.
- Lost Hills, found on Brotherhood of Steel Guard corpses.
- Cathedral, found on Mutant and Robot corpses.
- Mariposa Military Base, found on mutant corpses.
- Mariposa Military Base Level 2, found in locker.
- Broken Hills, carried by Marcus.
- Mariposa Military Base Level 2, found on Super Mutant's corpse.
- Willy Special Encounter, possible purchase from Willy.
- Unity Patrol Random Encounter, found on Big Gun Guard's corpse.
- Unity Patrol Random Encounter, found on Nightkin's corpse.
- NCR Ranger HQ, carried by Rondo.