|For an overview of minigun models, see minigun.|
The Rockwell CZ53 personal minigun is capable of firing 5mm ammunition at over 60,000 RPM with an ammo capacity of 120 5mm rounds. The CZ53 personal minigun makes up for the small 5mm round by sending a hail of bullets toward its target. Its sheer size, coupled with its trademark sound, is enough to send anyone in its path running for cover. It's a great weapon for suppressing fire, letting others flank the unsuspecting enemy. When the Great War struck, it was already an aging design and was slowly being replaced by the more advanced CZ57 Avenger minigun. Other minigun models have six barrels linked into pairs, with four barrels on top and two on the bottom, a cage underneath the weapon to hold an ammo box containing 240 5mm rounds, and used in combination with a backpack.
The CZ53 is an excellent big gun, especially since it is one of only 3 big guns in Fallout, and one of the more common big guns in Fallout 2. It does well at mid- to close-range shooting, where its 40-round bursts can tear apart small groups of enemies. At longer ranges, fewer bullets hit, resulting in lower damage due to the small bullets it shoots. The hollow-point round multipliers create ridiculous amounts of damage, while AP ammo is mostly useless due to engine glitches and miscalculations.
All in all, it is a fine weapon for Fallout, while the Avenger minigun one-ups it for Fallout 2. Paired with a Rockwell BigBazooka for long range, it lets big-gun characters overpower almost any opposition.
- Boneyard Fortress, sold by Zack.
- The Glow Level 5, found in a locker.
- Lost Hills, carried by Brotherhood of Steel guards.
- Cathedral, carried by super mutants and robots.
- Mariposa Military Base, carried by super mutants.
- Mariposa Military Base Level 2, found in a locker.
- New Reno, sold by Eldridge.
- Broken Hills, carried by Marcus.
- Mariposa Military Base Level 2, carried by super mutants.
- Willy special encounter, potentially sold by Willy.
- Unity Patrol random encounter, carried by a Big Gun guard.
- Unity Patrol random encounter, carried by a nightkin.
- NCR Ranger HQ, carried by Rondo.
- Kaga would have carried one in his 4th encounter with the Chosen One.