Better image needed (issue: Needs render)
The article, infobox or file image has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help Fallout Wiki by editing or replacing it with a better version.
The mineral extractor is a general type of settlement object in Fallout 76.
When connected to power, most mineral extractors produce roughly 25 resources per hour, while some, such as those at the Grafton Steel Yard, produce double this amount and consume twice the power. In the case of the fusion core processor, eight cores are produced per hour. Extractors have a maximum storage capacity which varies from type to type and must be checked and emptied regularly in order for them to continue producing resources at the above rates.
Mineral extractor (1)
- One fusion core processor each can be found in the workshops at Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06, Monongah power plant, and Thunder Mountain power plant.
- Mineral extractors are available to build at claimed public workshops for the resources available at each site. If someone has claimed a workshop in the past and left the game, their mineral extractors (and any other constructed items) may still be there. If so they are free to use by the next player to claim the workshop.
- Extractors can be locked by approaching them while in build mode. If a player character attempts to pick a lock on an extractor owned by another character, they will become wanted and will trigger turret defenses.
- Extractors can be placed outside of workshops at resource deposits if a C.A.M.P. is placed nearby. The extractor type is limited by the resource deposit type; for example, mineral extractor - steel can only be placed on an iron deposit.
- Crafting plans for the mineral extractors can be automatically unlocked by capturing a public workshop for the first time with a player character during a Claim Workshop event quest.