Background[edit | edit source]
Extractors can both produce raw and finished materials. Those producing raw materials such as mineral and junk extractors can be built at claimed public workshops and at or nearby the player character's C.A.M.P. if the corresponding resource deposits are present.
Finished materials such as food, ammunition, and fusion cores are only available for use at power plant workshops and cannot be built. Only one processor is present at each location, including Poseidon Energy Plant yard WV-06, Monongah power plant, and Thunder Mountain power plant. An ammunition plant is also available at the converted munitions factory. The color of the machine is determined by what resource it is designed to collect, differentiating one from another.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Crafting plans for the extractors are automatically unlocked by capturing a public workshop for the first time during a Claim Workshop event quest. When connected to power, most extractors produce roughly 25 resources per hour.
The extractor type is limited by the resource deposit type. For example, a steel mineral extractor can only be placed on an iron deposit. Extractors have a maximum storage capacity that varies from type to type and must be checked and emptied regularly in order for them to continue producing resources.
Resources[edit | edit source]
|Item||Form ID||Rate/minute||Max cap/stored|
|7 fusion cores||3 fusion cores|
- * Available only at power plant workshops, cannot be built
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
- The processors that are available for use at power plant workshops and cannot be constructed or moved by the player character. They can be destroyed and rendered non-functional from damage by enemies, especially during Defend Workshop events, or by other player characters during an Attack on Workshop event, and will need to be repaired before they can resume production.
- They require 100 electricity to function, powered by either power plant boxes if the corresponding Powering Up event was successfully completed or by generators made by the player character.
Finished material locations[edit | edit source]
- Poseidon Energy Plant yard WV-06
- Monongah power plant
- Thunder Mountain power plant
- Converted munitions factory
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Extractors can be locked by approaching them while in build mode, selecting "Lock" from the menu, and choosing one of four lock levels, much like locking a door. If a player character attempts to pick a lock on an extractor owned by another character, they will become wanted and will trigger turret defenses.
- If someone has claimed a workshop in the past and left the game, their extractors and any other constructed items may still be there. If so they are free to use by the next individual to claim the workshop.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Extractors appear only in Fallout 76.