Milton General Hospital is the large ruin of a nearly fully automated healthcare facility in Milton, Massachusetts. Still standing in 2287, the building is where Sinjin and Kent Connolly are located if the quest the Silver Shroud is active.
Before the Great War, this hospital was funded entirely by local church donations and municipal funds until the invention of automated surgery. Due to the implementation of the technology, the hospital saw record earnings after replacing its human staff with a field of Doctor and Nurse Handy models.
The hospital also secured a strong legal team to cover up any lawsuits stemming from this investment.[Non-canon 1] Regardless, it remained a popular destination for patients, particularly due to it being capable of receiving patients transported by air, thanks to its roof helipad.
A complex with two floors as well as a basement, the hospital sustained significant damage during and after the Great War. Entering the hospital places the Sole Survivor inside the main lobby on the first floor. In the back right corner, a short corridor leads to a women's restroom. The last stall in the women's restroom has a hole leading to the men's restroom, where two first aid kits can be found.
In the lobby, there is another door to the left of the entrance. Beyond the door is the main elevator room with a collapsed ceiling, exposing the second floor. There is one working elevator to the right, and a shower room ahead with some minor loot.
The elevator takes one down to the basement into a hallway with an Advanced-locked door to the right and a staircase down to the left. In the locked room, there is an Expert-locked safe and a tool case. Following the hallway leads to a room with a morgue on the right. At the top of the stairs from the morgue and to the left is a broken terminal with a Nuka-Cola Quantum behind it. To the right are some stairs and an elevator.
This elevator leads to the third floor. Past the broken elevators, there are rooms to the left and right. The room to the right has a hole in the wall which leads to a room with a collapsed floor. Jump down to the second floor below and exit this room into a hallway. In the hallway, there are two rooms on the left, one room on the right with an Advanced-locked door, and a door ahead to continue. Inside the locked room is a short syringer, a first aid kit, and a chemistry station.
Progressing forward, there will be a door on the left leading to the elevator room with the collapsed floor, which may serve as a shortcut back to the first floor and the building exit. An opening to the right leads to a hallway that opens into a room with another elevator to a section of the basement, and possibly an encounter with Sinjin and his raider gang.
- Overdue book – First floor, next to the reception desk on a small table.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum – Basement, just before the second elevator to the left on a desk.
- Syringer – Second floor, in an Advanced-locked room.
- The building contains a large number of Nuka-Cola machines that regularly respawn their contents, making it a good source of all Nuka-Cola flavors available in the Commonwealth.
- The Silver Shroud: Someone named Kent Connolly is calling all Silver Shroud fans for an "urgent mission." If the player character wants to help him with his request, they can head to the Memory Den.
- The fast travel marker is situated in between three separate super mutant suiciders.
- Bunker Hill traders like Cricket often pass by the hospital and the nearby Fallon's department store, where they will invariably attract the resident super mutants' attention, especially the aforementioned suiciders, resulting in a firefight.
- If Vault-Tec Workshop is installed, a manhole on the street outside the hospital can be used as an alternate entrance to Vault 88.
- Occasionally, when the player character is near the area, a suspense sound will play at random moments.
- When the building is explored for the first time, the opposition consists of a decent number of medical Protectrons and Nurse Handies, some of which may be non-hostile. The robots are replaced with a raider gang under Sinjin's command during The Silver Shroud and thereafter.
- The quest also blocks off the hospital's side skyway door leading to the adjacent parking garage.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at two locations, including the waiting foyer and in the basement morgue.
|Curie||Waiting foyer||"If you are injured, I doubt they can help you here."|
|Basement morgue||"If you spot a cadaver, let me know."|
|Deacon||Waiting foyer||"Automated surgery. What could go wrong?"|
|Basement morgue||"We go to the most interesting places."|
|John Hancock||Waiting foyer||""|
|Robert MacCready||Waiting foyer||""|
|Nick Valentine||Waiting foyer||""|
|Piper Wright||Waiting foyer||""|
|Preston Garvey||Waiting foyer||""|
The Milton General Hospital appears only in Fallout 4.
Piper, other companions' flavor dialogue will be played instead of Piper's.[verified]While traveling through the hospital with
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.376: "[6.13] MILTON GENERAL HOSPITAL
Historically, this hospital survived on donations from local churches and city funds until the invention of automated surgery. This hospital saw record earnings by employing a staff of Nurse Handys and Doctor Handy, MD, models and had a strong legal team to cover up any lawsuits. Then the bombs dropped."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide)