|The following is based on Van Buren and is not canon.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Mike O'Connor keeps the peace in New Canaan, or at least he tries. He has about six deputies to help him, but he knows that's not enough to hold back all the squatters or the 215 Rail Line Powder Gang if they choose to attack. Mike, like Jeremiah, is in his early thirties. He has faith in Jeremiah Rigdon, but even he has doubts from time to time.
He's a hard man, but not cruel. He won't let anything stand in the way of Jericho's prosperity. Mike stutters a bit when speaking, which often leads people to think that he is unintelligent. In fact, he is quite intelligent, though humble.
It is difficult to make Mike angry, and he dislikes using violence, but he will do so if it is necessary. He carries a .223 rifle and a .45 revolver to deal with troublemakers. All things considered, though, Mike is frightfully under-equipped to deal with serious violence.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Kill Jeremiah: The Hands of God, led by Jeremiah Rigdon, have recently attacked and burned three of Jericho's caravans. There were no casualties on either side, but Mike O'Connor feels the Hands of God may soon become a larger threat if not dealt with, so he wants the Prisoner to enter the Mormon camp and assassinate Jeremiah if Jeremiah cannot be convinced to lay off the caravans.
- Exterminate the vermin: In and around Jericho are several locations infested with creatures. Mike O'Connor would like an enterprising mercenary to go to the heart of these infestations and remove the creatures once and for all.
- Negotiate a water contract with Hoover Dam: Hoover Dam has difficulty gaining easy access to freshwater, and they want to negotiate a contract with Jericho for shipments of freshwater. If the prisoner doesn't step in, the slick Hoover Dam guys will see to it that Hoover Dam benefits more from the deal than Jericho does. This quest will only happen once the water plant has increased its output due to the automated water pump and biodiesel generator.
- Find and return Ivan, the escaped worker: One of the workers from the water plant managed to slip out of the barracks during the night. Mike O'Connor will ask the player to find Ivan, kill him, and bring back his corpse, where it will be hung up in the plant as an example to the other workers.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Van Buren Jericho design document - Sheriff Mike O'Connor. 
- Van Buren New Canaan design document - Sheriff Mike O'Connor. 
- Van Buren Jericho design document - Kill Jeremiah. 
- Van Buren Jericho design document - Exterminate the vermin. 
- Van Buren Jericho design document - Negotiate a water contract with Hoover Dam. 
- Van Buren Jericho design document - Find and return Ivan, the escaped worker.