Background[edit | edit source]
Born in the Pitt, Midea has been a slave there her whole life. She is one of the oldest slaves in The Pitt and is dedicated to helping the Pitt Slaves. Despite having the fierceness to probably earn her freedom in the Arena, she chooses to stay with the slaves and see to it that someone is watching out for them. She concocted the kidnapping plan with Wernher shortly after he was enslaved, and she sees the baby as a tool to earn the freedom of her people.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Into The Pitt: Wernher directs the Lone Wanderer to Midea as their contact for the mission, and Midea will offer them shelter during their stay in the Pitt.
- Unsafe Working Conditions: she nominates the Lone Wanderer to both search the steelyard and fight in the Hole.
- Free Labor: she directs the player character to Wernher's hideout when they secure the cure.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer wears Ashur's power armor around her, she will comment in either a positive or negative light depending on how the quest Free Labor was finished.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Midea's head wrap has a unique skin. It is an item which was originally cut from the base game.
- Midea does not know what a super mutant is. When asking about the steelyard, she can be asked "It's full of super mutants, right?", and she will reply:"What the hell's a super mutant?", signifying that super mutants are not known near the Pitt.
- Despite being one of the oldest slaves, her skin does not feature any crusting or lesions from exposure to the harsh environment like the others.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Her name is based off of Medea from Greek mythology, a woman who, in the play by Euripides of the same name, killed her two sons.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "What about me? I was born here. I'll probably die here. I've lived my whole life under Ashur's boot heel. The only thing that keeps me alive is the thought that I might be able to turn the tables someday."
- "It's simple, really. From time to time, Ashur opens up the arena. Any slave who wants to can fight against the gladiators. If you win, you get your freedom. More importantly: you get an audience with Ashur. It's the only way a slave will ever get to talk to him directly."
- "The cure is the key to healing the sickness around here. Look at us. We've all got it. And the more they force us to work in this mess, the worse it gets. People are going Trog faster than ever before. The cure is the first thing in this place that hasn't been infected."