Background[edit | edit source]
Cruel and despicable, even for a Pitt Raider, Mex has been removed from general guard duties by Ashur and sent to guard the gates to Pitt Downtown after bouts of Pitt slave punishment that left many with horrific injuries. Adept with a rifle, Mex is content with tagging escapees, laying down a variety of mines, and watching his prey explode in a variety of impressive arterial spray patterns.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the Lone Wanderer tells him they are a returning escaped slave, he will strip the Wanderer of their inventory (except the "hidden weapon" possibly received from Wernher), give a slave outfit that is automatically equipped (whether the Wanderer is wearing one already or not), and then tell them to enter Downtown.
- If the Wanderer tells him they came looking for work, he will sarcastically invite them to enter through the door to Downtown and fill out a "fucking application", whereupon the same happens as noted above; an ambush with items stripped (except the "hidden weapon"), and the slave outfit.
- Killing him on the way in once again sets off the ambush, except there is different dialogue from the ambushers.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Raider armor||Chinese assault rifle
R91 assault rifle
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mex also has an Infiltrator, the silenced and scoped R91 assault rifle featured in The Pitt. He is not the only non-player character to wield this weapon, however, as his two guards as well as Gruber in The Hole also wield it.
- When he strips the Lone Wanderer of their inventory, even if not carrying a thing, he still asks where they got it all.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Boo hoo, the mean boss took all of the dumbass slave's goodies! Is 'im gonna cry to Ashur?!"
- "HAHA! I love it. Another slave wandered back here, huh? You couldn't even get over the bridge, could you? You're lucky I don't fuckin' paste you. And look at all this! Where'd you get all this shit anyway? Whatever. Mine now. I hit the fuckin' jackpot today! Now get back in there and get to work, or next time I'll just stake you out there for the Trogs. (Posing as an escaped slave)"
- "Is that so? Well, since we're hirin', you can just head right on in and fill out a fuckin' application. I'll let 'em know that you're comin'. They'll take good care of you once you get inside. (Joining the raiders)"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Mex is a reference to the chain of Mad Mex restaurants, which are relatively popular in Pittsburgh, and the surrounding area like in Monroeville and Squirrel Hill.