|For an overview of metal armor variants in all games, see metal armor.|
Metal armor serves as very heavy armor. It provides much more protection than a suit of leather armor, but is more ramshackle than combat armor and is weaker than power armor. It can be very useful for someone who has the Jury Rigging perk, since it can be used to repair most types of power armor.
The metal helmet is similar in shape to a motorcycle helmet, though with a dirty silver color instead of white, as well as no neck wrap or goggles.
- Lightweight metal armor
- Metal armor, reinforced - A variant of metal armor, possessing higher DT and more durability.
- Gecko-backed metal armor
- Gecko-backed metal armor, reinforced
- Bison Steve Hotel in Primm - Can sometimes be found in an armor case on the third floor.
- Freeside - Orris wears the body piece.
- Gun Runners- The Vendortron sometimes sells them.
- Miguel's Pawn Shop in Westside - The helmet is on display and it can be stolen or purchased.
- Raided farmstead - Some of the Vipers that attempt to ambush the Courier will wear this armor.
- Vault 19 - Some Powder Gangers wear it.
- Wolfhorn ranch - The armor locker may have a set.
- Zapp's Neon Signs - The Fiend Duke wears it.
- Jackal gang members and leaders, as well as Viper leaders and gunslingers sometimes wear it.
- Prospectors will occasionally wear it.
- Most of the mercenaries during Unfriendly Persuasion wear a full set.
- The Crimson Caravan guards wear full sets.
- Cook-Cook, a Fiend leader found in South Vegas ruins, wears the body piece.
- A helmet can be found on the head of a skeleton beside a crashed motorcycle on the stretch of road running from Ranger Station Charlie to Novac.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Sometimes sold by Blake.
- The mercs following traveling merchants sometimes wear the helmet.
- When holding metal armor outside of the Pip-Boy (via pressing down L3) when jumping the metal armor will freeze mid-air and vanish. It won't disappear and will be invisible. To avoid this, it is advised to pick it up again. [verified]
- Despite the fact that the metal helmet does not in any way cover the mouth when worn by a female character, it still muffles the character's voice as though it did. [verified]
- If the armor's condition hits 0 and the armor is sold while equipped, there will be a permanent stat decrease to Agility shown in the pip-boy as "Metal Armor -1 AGL." [verified]