|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Rocky canyons surrounding the base of the mesa. At a junction of several canyons, including the one which leads to the village, is a Viper encampment. They stop anyone who's trying to go to or come from the Cipher village.
- Transition to World Map: The exit to the world map. Full-party transition.
- Trail to village: A trail follows the side of the mesa up to the village. Full-party transition.
- Canyon cave: A narrow hole in this cave descends into underground caverns.
- Viper camp: A band of badass Viper Raiders is camped here, stopping anyone from coming and going to the village.
- Alexandra's camp: Alexandra has set a small camp behind a 3-foot high wall of rocks. She caught sight of Blackjack several days ago and chased him here. Blackjack is worthless to her dead, but she doesn't have the faintest idea of how to get him out of the cave without facing his minigun. She's hoping she can starve him out, but with his super mutant endurance, that doesn't seem too likely.
- Blackjack's cave: Blackjack the super mutant, one of the escaped prisoners from Big MT, has barricaded himself inside this cave. He had been running from Alexandra, who'd been on his trail for days, and he didn't realize the canyon didn't go any further. He claims to have a minigun (actually just a bundle of sticks and pipes painted black with charcoal) and hopes Alexandra will eventually give up and go away.
- Unstable cliff: The entire side of this cliff is extremely unstable. An explosive could bring the whole thing crashing down.
- Other canyon cave: The narrow hole in this cave descends into underground caverns.
Mesa Verde Canyon was going to appear in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios.