|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
A small abode pueblo built along the underside of an overhanging cliff. A chasm splits the village in two, requiring the Ciphers to use rope suspension bridges to span the gap. The two most apparent features of the village are a large covered pit near the village entrance and a partially complete laser cannon aimed at the Viper camp down on the canyon floor.
Mesa Top MapEdit
- Trail to Village: This trail winds around the side of the mesa to the village. Full-party transition.
- Greenhouses: Lacking access to glass, the Ciphers draped clear plastic over simple wooden frames to create a pair of greenhouses. Crops like soybeans, squash, cabbage, and carrots are grown in shallow hydroponic bays.
- Water Maker Array: Sixteen electric water makers condense moisture from the air into drinking water. They're powered by the nearby wind turbine.
- Small Covered Vat: The water makers don't produce very much water, barely filling this small covered vat each day. The Counter maintains strict water discipline. There needs to be enough water left over for the crops, so each villager only gets a set amount of water.
- Wind Turbine: A tall wind turbine. Its triple-bladed propeller rotates steadily in the constant breeze atop the mesa. It generates electricity for the water makers.
- Storage Shed: A plain wooden storage shed with a locked door. It holds gardening tools and an empty barrel which once contained radioactive fertilizer.
When the player character gets the center of the map, they will see all the Ciphers ganging up on a group of weedlings that spawned in one of the greenhouses. After the weedlings have been defeated, the Ciphers will resume work in the greenhouses.
Mesa Top was going to appear in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios.