|For an overview of mercenary character appearing in the Fallout series of games, see mercenary.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The mercenary that Moira Brown hired to guard her properties is notorious for his supposed restless nature, as he is never witnessed sleeping during store hours. He is a bit self-centered, judging by his gravelly voice and the fact that he doesn't seem to like anyone. Regardless, this merc never questions his job of protecting the inventory of Craterside Supply, and his very presence is enough to thwart shoplifters.
He stays out of the way of Moira's scientific pursuits, taking care that he has no business intervening in his employer's crazy experiments since it's not part of his contract.
Location[edit | edit source]
The mercenary can be found in Craterside Supply leaning against the wall on the left, next to a usable workbench.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
Stealing items or killing Moira Brown in front of the mercenary will turn him hostile.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He doesn't seem to like anyone and talks in a gravelly voice.
- Due to his position and the high chance of detecting the Lone Wanderer, it is very difficult to successfully pickpocket him.
- He seems to regenerate his supply of 5.56mm ammunition every day or so.
- If the player character asks Confessor Cromwell about local gossip, he will tell them that Moira has hired a mercenary who "never sleeps." He does in fact sleep, however, just quite briefly and not until 5 AM.
- Killing the mercenary may sometimes cause all of the citizens in Megaton to become hostile towards the player character. They will remain hostile even after leaving Megaton and waiting for several days before entering again.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Don't try anything."
- "I got my eye on you."
- "Leave me out of that girl's crazy experiments. I don't get paid enough for that."
- "I'm just here to guard the goods. That's all."
- "I'm here to watch over this stuff. Only touch what you've paid for, and we'll have no problem."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mercenary appears only in Fallout 3.
References[edit | edit source]