|For an overview of mercenary characters, see mercenary.|
The mercenary that Moira Brown hired to guard her properties is notorious for his supposed restless nature, as he is never witnessed sleeping during store hours.
He is a bit self-centered, judging by his gravelly voice and the fact that he does not seem to like anyone. Regardless, this mercenary never questions his job of protecting the inventory of Craterside Supply, and his very presence is enough to thwart shoplifters.
He stays out of the way of Moira's scientific pursuits, taking care that he has no business intervening in his employer's crazy experiments since it is not part of his contract.
The mercenary can be found in Craterside Supply leaning against the wall on the left, next to a usable workbench.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Effects of player's actions
- Stealing items or killing Moira Brown in front of the mercenary will turn him hostile.
- Due to his position and the high chance of detecting the Lone Wanderer, it is very difficult to successfully pickpocket him.
- He seems to regenerate his supply of 5.56mm ammunition every day or so.
- If the player character asks Confessor Cromwell about local news, he will tell them that Moira has hired a mercenary who "never sleeps." He does in fact sleep, however, just quite briefly and not until 5 AM.
- Killing the mercenary may sometimes cause all of the citizens in Megaton to become hostile towards the player character. They will remain hostile, even after leaving Megaton and waiting for several in-game days before entering again.
- "Don't try anything."
- "I got my eye on you."
- "Leave me out of that girl's crazy experiments. I don't get paid enough for that."
- "I'm just here to guard the goods. That's all."
- "I'm here to watch over this stuff. Only touch what you've paid for, and we'll have no problem."
The mercenary appears only in Fallout 3.
- The Lone Wanderer: "What's the news?"
Confessor Cromwell: "News? My friend, I take effort not to be involved in such worldly business. Earthly pursuits distract from Atom. Of course... now that you mentioned it, I've noticed that Moira has hired a mercenary to protect her goods the man never sleeps. So they say."
(Confessor Comwell's dialogue)
- Mercenary: "Leave me out of that girl's crazy experiments. I don't get paid enough for that."