The Memory Den is a recreational establishment offering the experience of VR through the use of memory loungers, providing clients the opportunity to relive their own lives or the lives of others. Based on Doctor Amari's scientific acumen and Irma's business sense, the Den caters to a select clientele who can not only front the caps necessary for indulging in the Den's services, including promiscuous adventures, but who can also cope with the trauma of reliving the past. Irma prefers to avoid potential problems before engaging in a business relationship, first ensuring her clients are either completely trustworthy or are in desperate need of help.
The first floor features a central large room with three memory loungers, some of which are in use. West of the large room is Kent Connolly's room, filled with Silver Shroud memorabilia. Irma's bedroom is upstairs on the second floor, while the basement room is inaccessible until the main quest Dangerous Minds is active.
- Irma's terminal password - Carried by Irma, with another copy on the second floor on the ground next to a dresser. Provides access to her Novice-locked terminal.
- Memory Den key - Carried by Irma.
- Feathered dress - Worn by Irma.
- Goodbye from H2-22 holotape - On the first floor, on a table near Irma during Memory Interrupted.
- Silver Shroud armor and Silver submachine gun - Given by Kent Connolly upon bringing him the Silver Shroud costume and Silver submachine gun prop.
- A copy of RobCo Fun with the Grognak & the Ruby Ruins mini-game holotape - In the basement, on a metal desk against one of the brick walls. Cannot be accessed until Dangerous Minds.
- If the player character enters the Memory Den before visiting the Railroad, Deacon can be found here in one of the loungers.
- If the player character enters the Memory Den before learning of Nick Valentine, one can either pass a speech check or pay a bribe to Irma to sit in a memory lounger and learn of him.
- The player character will no longer be welcome in the Memory Den if they side with the Institute, but no violence will occur unless they start it.
- The bed in Kent Connolly's room is not marked as owned, and so can be freely used in Survival mode by the player character (except during The Silver Shroud).
- The memory lounger chairs resemble those featured in Vault 112 in Fallout 3.
- The Memory Den appears in the ending slides.
The Memory Den only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information|
When taking supplies from the basement, the "take" option will switch to the "steal" option for a split second. Despite this, none of the residents will turn hostile if you take the items, and you will not earn any disapproval from companions.[verified]
- If this bug occurs, the player character will be flagged as "in combat," even though nobody in the cell is hostile. This is evidenced by the message "You cannot do this while in combat" received if the player character tries to use a memory lounger. This can prevent the player from initiating the quest "The Memory Den".[verified]
- Sometimes most of the items will be marked in red and show the "steal" option, and taking them will make Doctor Amari hostile and earn companion disapproval. This seems to happen when loading a save inside the Den. Leaving and reentering the Den will sometimes fix this.[verified]
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "While chems are plentiful in Goodneighbor, there are those who claim the Memory Den offers the best high possible - the experience of reliving the past..."
- Neighborhood Watch: "Might stop by the Memory Den later. There was this girl, few months ago? Man oh man, wouldn't mind seein' those curves again."
(Neighborhood Watch's dialogue)
- Irma: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Why not?"
Irma: " "