Upon entering, there is a large hall filled with memory loungers, some of which are in use. These loungers are used to access the past memories of the occupant. There is an entrance hall, main room, and basement. To the side of the main hall is Kent Connolly's living quarters. His room is filled with Silver Shroud memorabilia.
- A copy of RobCo Fun with the Grognak & the Ruby Ruins mini-game holotape, in the basement room on a metal desk, against one of the brick walls (cannot be accessed until Dangerous Minds).
- Irma's terminal password - On Irma's person as well as on the floor next to a dresser in her bedroom upstairs.
- Memory Den key - In Irma's possession.
- Feathered dress - Worn by Irma.
- Goodbye from H2-22 - Holotape found on a table upstairs near Irma during Memory Interrupted.
- Silver Shroud armor and silver submachine gun - Given by Kent Connolly upon bringing the Silver Shroud costume and silver submachine gun prop to him.
- When visiting the location before visiting the Railroad, Deacon can be found here, in one of the loungers.
- The memory lounger chairs share a large resemblance to those featured in Vault 112 in Fallout 3.
- If the player character enters the Memory Den before learning of Nick Valentine, one can either pass a speech check or bribe to sit in a memory lounger and learn of Nick Valentine.
- The player character will no longer be welcome in the Memory Den if they side with the Institute, but no violence will occur unless they start it.
- The Memory Den appears in the ending slides.
- The bed in Kent Connolly's living quarters is not marked as owned, and so can be freely used in Survival mode by the player character (except during the Silver Shroud quest, from when the player becomes The Shroud until when Kent disappears.)
The Memory Den appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Memory Den's façade and marquee are modeled after those of the Gordon's Olympia Theatre, near Boylston Street in the then-theater district of Boston, Massachusetts. The building was demolished in 1996.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One When taking supplies from the bottom floor, the "take" option will switch to the "steal" option for a split second. Despite this, none of the residents will try stopping you, and you will not earn any disappointment from companions.[verified]
- Apparently, if the above bug is activated the player will be flagged as "in combat" even though nobody in the cell is hostile. This is evidenced by the message "You cannot do this while in combat" received if the player tries to use a chair. This can prevent the player from initiating the quest "The Silver Shroud".[verified]
- Playstation 4 Sometimes most of the items will be marked in red and show "steal", and taking them will indeed make Amari hostile and disappoint companions. This seems to happen when loading a save inside the Den.[verified]
- Leaving the Memory Den and re-entering will sometimes fix this.