It is a crafting item which can be found in various locations throughout the Capital Wasteland, most notably used as a necessary component for creating the deathclaw gauntlet. There are actually two items called "medical brace"; the first one is the one used for the deathclaw gauntlet, while the second one is a junk item found only in Raven Rock. They can be distinguished from each other by looking at their "value" number: if it is worth 10, then it is the real thing; if it is worth 1, then it cannot be used to create custom weapons.
Fallout: New Vegas
- Medical braces are a semi-common item and can be found in many places within the game, especially doctor's clinics.
- Vault 87, 3 in the clinic.
- Anchorage Memorial facility, 3 on the shelves in the clinic area.
- 3 in the nurse's office in Roosevelt Academy.
- Rivet City bow, 2-3 in Pinkerton's office. Must be stolen.
- Roosevelt Academy Arts and Athletics Hall, 2 in an office with wall safe.
- 2 in Lucky's (southwest of Tenpenny tower). Must be stolen.
- 2 in Gallo's storage closet, along with a large number of other workbench items.
- Fort Independence, 2 in the clinic.
- Vault 112, 2 in a clinic locker.
- 1 in Megaton, in Lucas Simms' house on a table. Must be stolen.
- National Guard depot, 1 in the armory, in one of the boxes.
- Arlington Library, 1 in the children's wing, the room to the northwest.
- Tenpenny Tower, 1 in the basement.
- Super-Duper Mart, 1 in the pharmacy.
- Hamilton's hideaway, 1 in the northernmost room.
- 1 in Springvale school, on your right when you enter the school.
- National Archives, 1 in the second room in the basement.
- Minefield, 1 near the mattress where Arkansas snipes.
- Minefield, Gibson house, 1 in the children's room.
- 1 in Museum station. It is in the same room that has a hatch leading to Metro Central.
- The Our Lady of Hope Hospital contains an exceptionally large amount of medical braces.
- At the RobCo facility, within the Offices and Cafeteria area, look in the northern closed bathroom near the door leading to the RobCo Factory Floor.
- 1 on a shelf near a raider in Dupont Circle station
Fallout: New Vegas
- You can buy one in the New Vegas medical clinic.
- You can find one in Doc Mitchell's house on the shelf.
- Randomly found in metal boxes.
- Sometimes sold by traveling merchants.
- Can be found inside the Vault 22 medical room.
- lobotomites in Big MT. Can be dropped from
In Fallout: New Vegas, one is required for the side quest Restoring Hope if the player's Medicine skill is less than 50.