| ||For the Med-X that appears in the Fallout series of games, see Med-X.|
Med-X is a highly potent painkiller which when injected, makes the user impervious to pain to the degree that Damage Resistance is increased by 25%. This will last for 4 minutes, or 8 minutes with the Chemist perk, and 9 minutes with both Chemist and Day Tripper perk. If the player character has the Logan's Loophole trait, the added time jumps to 13 minutes.
Besides providing the benefits of regular armor, the stealth suit Mk II in Old World Blues will automatically dispense Med-X every 2.5 in-game hours if the player character's health drops below 33% or if a limb's health drops below 25%. Therefore, player characters using the stealth suit can become addicted to Med-X in this way.
- One in a wooden box at Powder Ganger camp east.
- One is carried by Doc Mitchell.
- Seven in the New Vegas medical clinic.
- Seven in Gibson's shack.
- Five Vault 3's recreation area and five in the living quarters.
- Four in the Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Four Psycho and three Med-X on the first and second floor of Bison Steve Hotel in a room past a locked door at the end of the corridor, on a desk with a suitcase, and in the bathroom. Further Psycho and Med-X can be found in a second bathtub off the room with the broken floor.
- Sierra Madre vending machines after obtaining the Med-X vending machine code in the Sierra Madre and in the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker once the add-on has been completed. Med-X can be obtained from the
- In the G.E.C.K., the Editor ID is still displayed as morphine.
- In the G.E.C.K., it lists the effect as ChemIncDamResistPsycho. This would have been psycho's effect at first, mimicking the psycho from Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics.
- The effects of addiction are listed as "Morphine Addiction."
- According to Boxcars, five doses of Med-X is enough to kill a man. However, the player character can use more than five Med-X without any harmful effects past addiction.
- When combined with the rebreather, the total damage resistance is 28%.