The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This metal shack with a rounded roof can be found near the river just off of Route 108. It is surrounded by chainlink-fencing, with an opening at the front of the shack. The exterior of the shack has some items of interest at the back, including a lootable dumpster, an inaccessible bumper car and crates, a large semi-trailer truck, as well as a fallen strangler vine tree one can jump over the fence with. The shack is populated with ticks.
Inside of the shack, there are various junk items and containers that can be looted. There is an armor workbench to the left after entering. There is a bedroom with a bed that can be slept in, in addition to a safe (Picklock 2). There is also a metal box being used as a table, and a cabinet that can be searched. A non-functioning television and a white church pew that can be sat in make up the rest of the bedroom. On the southern side of the shack, behind the metal fence walls, are some assorted machinery and circuits.
- Mini nuke - On top of the locker, a guaranteed spawn.
- Fusion core - Inside the locker, a guaranteed spawn.
- Repeatable: Stings and Things - The mechanic's metal shack will be marked on the world map as a potential source of a tick blood sac.
The mechanic's metal shack appears only in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 476: "The Mire (Zone B) - Secondary Locations
51. The Mechanic's Metal Shack: A curved-roof metal shack with wire fencing surrounding it. Inside is a safe (1), an Armor Workbench, and junk to scavenge."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)