Born and raised in the Hub, McGee is a veteran non-commissioned officer of the 5th Battalion, 1st Company under Lieutenant Hayes. He's on his second tour of duty, following whatever orders the lieutenant gives. Lately, they were limited to keeping tabs on the convicts holed up in Primm and trying to keep them contained. In fact he was on scout when Deputy Beagle was captured and marched into the Bison Steve Hotel, choosing not to act, instead citing lack of a long rifle and proper orders.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- My Kind of Town: The Courier can choose McGee to be instated as the new sheriff of Primm.
Effects of player's actions
- If the player character selects Meyers or Primm Slim to be the sheriff instead, Sgt. McGee will travel to Camp Forlorn Hope along with Lt. Hayes. Unlike almost every other non-player character in the game, including Lt. Hayes, McGee does not fast-travel when one is not in the same active map cell. Thus, he may never make it to Camp Forlorn Hope unless escorted by the Courier. Traveling alone would be an extremely difficult task considering his path takes him through some of the most dangerous areas in the game. If McGee reaches Camp Forlorn Hope in any case, he has no new dialogue.
- If McGee is instated as the sheriff, he will take up residence in the Primm sheriff's office.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|NCR trooper fatigues
Trooper helmet or
- The game will provide an update if McGee dies at any point, similar to the message that appears if a non-player character companion dies on Hardcore mode. He may be killed before the player character meets him.
- McGee levels with the player character. At higher levels he can have 200 to 300 hit points, compared to just 50 hit points for a normal NCR trooper.
- McGee was supposed to be a Lance Corporal instead, according to game files.
- The route he takes is north along the road out of Primm veering left into the campsite, where one can find Barton Thorn, then continuing along the road past Jean Sky Diving and turning east onto the road towards Hidden Valley. He then travels along the southern path through scorpion gulch and heads south towards Gibson's shack. Then he travels east, passing north of Gibson scrap yard. Continuing east, passing north of Southern Nevada Wind Farm where he then heads northeast up the hill and down into Camp Forlorn Hope.
- When he is at the rock face on the hill he may disappear into the rock but he should then reappear on top of the hill.
- Unless the player character disarms the mines on the makeshift bridge into Primm, McGee may kill himself by stepping on them as he makes his way into town.
- "I have no idea. I just go and do what they tell me."
- "Do you think I'm blind? Of course I can see the Powder Gangers have taken over Primm. You have any other obvious facts you'd like to share? Don't fist fight with Deathclaws? No kissing Cazadores?"
- "I'm from Hub originally, but it's been a long time since I saw it. I'm on my second tour here. Most Non-Commissioned Officers are."
Sergeant McGee appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- After the player decides to let the NCR take over Primm, Sheriff Sgt. McGee will show up in the sheriff's shack. Sgt. McGee will get stuck in the corner of the room, near the desk, because a bench is blocking his path, and, as a result, he will not leave the shack. [verified]
- After player chooses anyone to be the sheriff of Primm, and has visited the zone just north of the solar plant, Sgt. McGee will be found wandering any outside territory the player visits at random, eventually getting himself killed. [verified]
- The Courier: "Does the NCR have any plans to attack the prison north of here?"
McGee: "I have no idea. I just go and do what they tell me."
- The Courier: "Where are you from?"
McGee: "I'm from Hub originally, but it's been a long time since I saw it. I'm on my second tour here. Most Non-Commissioned Officers are."
- McGee: "I'm Sergeant McGee of the New California Republic Army, 5th Battalion, 1st Company. If you want to talk about something, speak to Lieutenant Hayes."
- The Courier: "I rescued Primm's deputy, but the town's still lawless."
McGee: "I can't imagine that deputy of theirs is worth more than a spit. I was on lookout when he got frog marched over to Bison Steve. If I had a long rifle or the order I would have taken out the Powder Gangers to save him, but I didn't. His tough shit I guess."