- Reach the Mayor's office in Watoga Municipal Center.
- Listen to MAIA.
- Learn more about the saboteur.
- Find the saboteur's hideout in the abandoned bog town.
- Start upload process from the roof of the Watoga Municipal Center.
- Defend the upload terminal from attackers.
Upon entering the Cranberry Bog, a radio message will play when in the vicinity of Watoga, where the last mayor of Watoga, Barbara Elizabeth, asks anyone hearing the message to come to her office at the Watoga Municipal Center. Upon nearing Watoga, it is possible to be attacked by the town's robots, consisting of protectrons, eyebots, and assaultrons, and no matter how many are killed more will spawn in short order from the various robot spawn points around the city. Upon reaching the Municipal Center, fight through the Scorched inside until you reach the Mayor's office, where you will find Mayor Elizabeth's corpse and her automated assistant, MAIA, who will play the Mayor's final executive order before she succumbed to her injuries, with MAIA offering her final goodbye to the Mayor and how it was an honor to serve her. MAIA requests that the player character find the source of the virus that has caused Watoga's robots to attack anyone who sets foot in the town and purge it from the system the robots are controlled by, replacing it with a virus that will render the robots passive to the player character and allow them unrestricted access through Watoga.
Checking the Mayor's computer, it directs the player character to check the saboteur's hideout in the Abandoned bog town for clues.
Search hideout for clues (5 items)
- Letter from Jennica
- Encrypted message terminal
- Last words holotape
- Operation Free Watoga log 322 holotape
- Saboteur's work password note (in safe, bottom of the filing cabinet left of the terminal)
Once the clues are collected, search through the saboteur's work terminal to find out how they corrupted the Watoga robots' programming to attack anyone who enters town, and learn that a new virus designed in the player character's likeness can be made at the nearby RobCo Research Center. Once the new virus is created, deliver it back to MAIA, who will suggest uploading it from the roof of the Municipal Center. Once it is uploaded, the robots should cease being hostile to the player character. However, high level Mr. Gutsy robots will be guarding the uplink, from Lieutenants to Colonels, possibly even legendary ones, so they will need to be dealt with in order for the upload to be completed and should they disrupt it, such as through killing the player character, it will have to be started all over again. Once completed, the robots will become passive and non-hostile to the player character, though they will still be shown with red health bars, and MAIA will reward the player for their services, completing the quest.
- Completion of the quest will allow the player character to move more freely through the town of Watoga without being attacked by the robots.
- The level of the unique weapon All Rise will vary with the current level of the player character at the time of quest completion. It may be desirable to defer completing this quest until reaching level 50.
PC The RobCo keycard and terminal password have over 100 duplicates in their respective storage containers, but only the one marked with the diamond is relevant. Taking the wrong one will result in the mission not advancing, as well as failure to login to the terminal in RobCo later.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.