| ||For other characters in the Fallout series named Max, see Max.|
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Euclid's C-Finder|
|This character is involved in quests.|
I Could Make You Care - If you choose to complete the quest by obtaining Euclid's C-Finder, it will need to be bought from Max.
- Max will say "Reach for the sky, lady," if the player character is female, and "Reach for the sky, mister," if the player character is male.
- When attempting to pickpocket Max the selection will say Talk instead of Pickpocket, yet when pressed he may be pickpocketed.
- Sometimes, he will run out of Freeside's east gate while following Stacey.
- Sometimes, he may disappear entirely, Stacey will be "fleeing" on top of the building next to Mick & Ralph's. The cause is unknown; however, this happens more often if the Courier has bad Karma.
- If prompted into dialogue mode after Euclid's C-Finder is taken, he will say "I wish I had a gun."
- Sometimes he will not have the Euclid's C-Finder equipped when chasing Stacey, but the gun can be found in his inventory.
- Strangely enough, Max can hold a fifteen pound energy weapon with one hand, even though he is a small child.
- Acquiring the weapon from Max while having Veronica as a companion will cause her to remark "Wow... Good thing the safety was on."
- Max is found sleeping on the roof of the building next to Mick & Ralph's after it gets dark.
- Max, like Stacey, will never become hostile, no matter how many times he's punched.
- "Reach for the sky, lady."
- "Reach for the sky, mister"
- "Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!"
- "I wish I had a gun..."
- "Aw man! It's all Stacey's fault!"
Max appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
An additional dialogue option exists which would allow the player to obtain Euclid's C-Finder for free. However, this dialogue option requires the cut Child at Heart perk, which was removed owing to the small number of children in the Mojave Wasteland.
- PC If pickpocketed and then spoken to, he will still offer the Euclid's C-Finder for sale, thus allowing another to be obtained. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Max may disappear from Freeside entirely, being moved to the far north of the map, beyond the Northern Passage, on the canyons.
- Xbox 360 Max can be seen running to the north from Freeside past Gun Runners. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Max may run into the Gun Runners compound, then into the building, the Courier can talk to him and get the Euclid's C-Finder again even if the Barter check was used before. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If the Barter check was used he will pull out another Euclid's C-Finder after a few days, and it may be obtained from him again.