This warehouse for Mass Fusion stored nuclear waste that was waiting to be disposed of at a site near Lake Cochituate. After the war, the waste remains, leaving the area irradiated and containing feral ghouls.[Non-canon 1]
After an employee named Lester died after tripping behind the forklift ending the site's accident free streak of 34 days, corporate required the employees to hang up "remember your hardhat" posters. The supervisor of the location noted that they doubted a hardhat would have prevented the accident. On August 22, a hazardous material inspector stopped in unannounced to check their operation. The supervisor informed Mr. Feld, who told them that if they caught on to the details of their operation, they would need to get rid of him, and "didn't mean ask him to go away" to which the supervisor complied.
The interior is a warehouse storing many barrels of radioactive material. It contains glowing radroaches and feral ghouls. In the top floor room is the supervisor's terminal, containing personal entries and the lock control for the security gate at the rear of the first floor.
Past the security gate, and next to the conveyor belt, is a floor hatch leading to the subterranean reactor room. The hatch is located behind some barrels next to the conveyor belt, and directly opposite the generator with the fusion core. In the center of the reactor room is the reactor with a circuit breaker switch affixed to the farthest side. The exterior roof can be reached by walking up the tubes along the wall, jumping on the air conditioners and from there to the roof itself.
- A fusion core on the generator behind the security gate.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox is located in the subterranean area on the desk next to a broken terminal.
- The generator in the subterranean chamber is powering the automated radio alarm signal, picked up by radio tower 3SM-U81. Deactivating the generator will stop the signal broadcast.
- Although the automated radio alarm must be deactivated by the generator at the reactor level, there is a ham radio hidden beyond the wall to the west. It can be seen and used only through console command tcl.
The Mass Fusion containment shed appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
On the roof, a dead raider and a synth can be seen in a position similar to the final scene of the movie Blade Runner.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information|
- Flipping the circuit breaker in the sub-level will sometimes fail to disable the automated radio alarm. A workaround is to return to radio tower 3SM-U81 and re-extend the satellites, then return to the containment shed to flip the breaker again. The warning klaxons in the sub-level can de-sync with the radio signal if the klaxons are turned off before resetting the radio tower.[verified]
- openactorcontainer 1 as another workaround.[verified] Both of the ghouls that are hidden in the radioactive waste in the middle of the warehouse can not be looted directly. A workaround is to order one's companion to search the corpses. On PC, one can open the developer's console, click on the ghoul, and enter the command
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 281: "[2.13] MASS FUSION CONTAINMENT SHED
Mass Fusion is the leader in the safe handling and disposal of radioactive waste. Except here the place is overrun with Feral Ghouls and spilled barrels. Check the outside balcony for a cooler (Novice). Inspect the supervisor’s terminal (Novice) to unlock the security door. Check the secure area for a toolbox (Novice) and a gate to a steamer trunk."