|For the parent company, see Mass Fusion (company).|
Layout[edit | edit source]
Roof[edit | edit source]
The rooftop is an exterior location and has its own fast travel marker; the Mass Fusion executive suite. It is normally only accessible as part of the main quest endgame. The Mass Fusion executive ID that allows access to the elevator down will not be present if no relevant quest is active.
Above glass floor[edit | edit source]
This section is accessible from the roof by a quest locked elevator, or at any time from downstairs from an elevator on the highest floor of below the glass ceiling. The area is mostly comprised of destroyed offices where multiple caved in floors create one big interior space. This area will be abandoned if visited before Spoils of War or The Nuclear Option. During these two quests, the Sole Survivor will be ambushed by synths or the Brotherhood of Steel as they exit the elevator.
Below glass floor[edit | edit source]
This area is the building lobby and some walkways and offices. It is accessible from the front door and is occupied by Gunners if encountered before the Spoils of War or the Nuclear Option quests. When approaching from above while on one of the relevant quests, the battle with the opposing main quest faction will continue here.
Reactor room[edit | edit source]
The reactor room is below ground level; the beryllium agitator sought after by both the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute is located here. After dealing with the security, including turrets and sentry bots, the agitator can be found in a large, highly radioactive central room.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Main building[edit | edit source]
- Full set of possibly leveled power armor - Worn by the Gunner commander.
- Strength bobblehead - On the head of the giant interior statue (accessible from the floor with the Gunner commander, powered elevator and exits to the Mass Fusion balcony).
- Overdue books - On a desk on the fourth floor. One will have to go up to the fifth floor and go back down to reach it. Another is on a desk on the reactor level.
- Mini nuke - On the same floor as the bobblehead in the room to the northwest where the Gunner commander comes out from.
- Fusion core - On a desk, three floors from the top, accessed through a destroyed wall facing the central shaft using the techniques described for the Freefall Legs.
- Tesla Science Magazine issue #5 - On the computer bank, southeast mezzanine room, upper offices above the glass floor (on the same floor with the elevator after power is restored). The area can be accessed by using a jet pack to jump up a hole on the floor where the Gunner commander is and unlocking a door or by waiting for a late main quest to unlock the area.
- Freefall Legs - In a safe in a small room near the top of the building's interior, in an area only accessible using the jet pack power armor mod, using the trash can wall climbing glitch.
- Two Stealth Boys - One is on a metal shelf next to the chemistry station, three floors above the Strength bobblehead, at the same level with the glass floor. The other is in the same room as the Freefall Legs, on top of a small bookshelf.
- Mass Fusion labs key - On the level with the glass floor in the northwest office room on a desk.
- Executive key and ID card - In the desk within the executive suite. Accessible during Mass Fusion or Spoils of War.
- Jack Rockford's log - In the intern's terminal in the same room as the Freefall Legs.
Reactor[edit | edit source]
- The unique damaged hazmat suit can be found in a drawer right outside the decontamination room, that leads into the reactor room.
- A hazmat suit can be found in the locker room behind the attendant's terminal, sitting on a shelf of one of the lockers. And another next to the analyst's terminal on top of a safe.
- A sentry bot spawns behind the northern security door, which can be opened through the reactor security control terminal on the south side of the room before the reactor room. It has a fusion core. Alternatively, one can get the core and trip the security, the doors will then open automatically.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rooftop of the building is the highest point the Sole Survivor can reach in the entire Commonwealth and offers an impressive view across the whole game world. Despite this, the Mass Fusion building is the second tallest structure in Fallout 4, after Trinity Tower.
- Using a Brotherhood of Steel vertibird, one can travel to the Mass Fusion building and discover the Mass Fusion executive suite location en route. However, the elevator ID card needed for the Mass Fusion and Spoils of War quests does not spawn until the player character actually starts one of them. This may have been patched in a recent version of the game. The location does not appear discoverable before the appropriate quest.
- With proper timing and careful planning, it is possible to get a vertibird to land and drop the player character off on the roof of the building, even before the associated quest.
- With careful jumping, it is possible to reach the top of the building with a power armor equipped with a jet pack.
- The building has multiple floors with many broken walkways. The jet pack power armor mod makes navigating the facility much easier.
- There are two radiation hazards in the reactor chamber, one of them is a generic radiation hazard that causes 30 radiation damage and 3 healing (if the player has the ghoulish perk). The second is a hazard specific for the Mass Fusion reactor which deals 153 radiation damage and 15.3 healing.
- Drinking the water in the reactor room will inflict 50 physical and 100,000 rad damage to the player character, killing them instantly unless they have Lead Belly at its maximum level. Having the ghoulish perk does not mitigate any of this damage.
- The Robes of Atom's Devoted from the Far Harbor add-on will also protect from this, however, without the aforementioned perk, radiation will still increase to a significant level.
- Swimming in the water will deal 50 radiation damage.
- There is a steamer trunk in the reactor room underwater on the northwest wall, below a "Danger Radioactive Materials" sign.
- Each time the player character leaves the reactor room, they are decontaminated and lose all rads.
- Hacking the Master locked reactor security control terminal in the southeast corner of the main reactor allows the player character to open the security doors: one leads to impassable rubble while the other opens the facilities room and reveals an inactive sentry bot.
- It is possible for provisioners and their brahmin to turn up on the roof, where they will be stranded and unable to leave. The only way to get them back to ground level is by using console commands or if they are somehow lured over the edge of the building (since they cannot die they will survive the fall).
- One can leap from the southwestern corner of the roof, and land safely in Goodneighbor without the use of power armor or Freefall Legs. Aim for the Old State House. The player character will be teleported to the main entrance upon entering the cell.
- If the player character did not support their faction in Mass Fusion or Spoils of War, the enemy faction will have taken over the building after the quest. On the other hand, the player character's faction will control the location if they are assisted.
- If the player character glitches into the reactor room, the Mass Fusion quest will begin.
- If Spoils of War is completed successfully, the Brotherhood of Steel will replace the Gunners and occupy the building. Synths will occupy the building if Mass Fusion is completed for the Institute.
- The blue glow across the reactor chamber is likely the Cherenkov radiation effect; while mostly harmless by itself, it can only manifest this brightly in presence of a very strong flow of particles, which would likely kill or fatally irradiate a human being the moment they are exposed to it, even in protective gear.
- Touching the agitator receptacle or the blue beam emitting from it in the reactor room will inflict 1 million damage, instantly kill the player character.
- With the ghoulish perk, one can take advantage of radiation healing from the the Mass Fusion Reactor, especially during the Spoils of War or The Nuclear Option quests. But, the player character will still vulnerable to the reactor beam and drinking the irradiated water.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Mass Fusion building appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One The can chimes on the ground floor do not disappear after collecting them, however one can still get XP and tin cans for doing so. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Similarly the bathroom scale trap provides materials and XP upon disarming it, but the tesla trap will still go off. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Taking the large circular elevator from the lobby, back up to the Mass Fusion executive suite, sometimes causes the player to arrive in the wrong location in the exterior cell - a location which was not intended to be accessible. [verified]